2 (22.2%)
Blood Orchid
2 (22.2%)
White Noise
0 (0%)
Chimera
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: The Rainbow Six: Siege Megathread (OPERATION PARA BELLUM)  (Read 31028 times)

they've recognized the issue since day 1, and there's picture proof on the reddit.

i'd rather have robots develop this game at this point, because the devs are loving stupid.
It is kind of true that they knew about it and were kinda just sitting back and throwing new content at us, but it seems like the staff team improves on their knowledge of the game and community. I'm just glad to see action taken.

first update with op health wasnt even anything beneficial, actually added more game breaking bugs and im loving impressed.

they talked about how they didnt want to disturb the operators during operation health, as the meta wasn't terrible (despite tachanka and castle being almost useless.) but then they go right in and completely loving destroy glaz. he's useless now boys.

first update with op health wasnt even anything beneficial,
You're right. With the 1 step matchmaking its almost impossible to do anything in the menu as you find games almost instantly now.
completely loving destroy glaz. he's useless now boys.
How? He can still see through smoke. While I don't think they should've nerfed his rifle directly, he's definitely still viable.
first update with op health wasnt even anything beneficial, actually added more game breaking bugs and im loving impressed.
Like what? The only new bug I've noticed is the ACTION COMPLETED thing.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 08:51:58 AM by Sheepocalypse »

How? He can still see through smoke. While I don't think they should've nerfed his rifle directly, he's definitely still viable.
We have to consider how the damage actually works. Glaz's rifle, the OTS-03, does 120 damage, according to stats in game. Level 1 armor operators have a damage resistance, when you shoot a level 1 armored operator point blank in the chest cavity with Glaz's rifle, he won't receive 100% of the damage. The resistance increases as you go up armor levels, and when you count rook's armor. Rook's armor also increases the ability to go into a DBNO state. Glaz is a long-range operator, who is ideal on a specific number of maps, mostly plane, hereford, and house. After about 50-60m, his damage drops from 120, to 65. Take that into account on the fact that the operators have damage resistance thanks to their armor, it can take about 2-3 shots at chest level to simply down someone.
This was before the NERF.
After the nerf, his damage is 85-80. After 60m it drops to 65. Glaz will no longer one shot anyone every again, which isn't ideal considering he is using a loving sniper rifle, and it should only one shot at close range. People are bitching about his optic sight and nothing else, but Ubisoft nerfed his rifle and now he'll be chosen less often, as he is no longer as effective in CQC.

Like what? The only new bug I've noticed is the ACTION COMPLETED thing.
Servers are still wacked, which was always game breaking. Black Beard's shield outlasts its breaking animation. For instance, when you break his rifle shield, it'll still technically be there for two seconds after it breaks. It means if you're not accurately spraying at his head, he'll kill you around the corner no matter what. uPlay is still broken with things not loading properly, and squading up and NAT Types are pretty much RNG. I've experienced this NAT Type bullstuff. Whenever I start the game, i'll be stuck with any of the three NAT types, and I can change it by restarting the game. forgetass brazilian players can join EUS servers and wreck house thanks to ping advantage, and there's no fix.

We have to consider how the damage actually works. Glaz's rifle, the OTS-03, does 120 damage, according to stats in game. Level 1 armor operators have a damage resistance, when you shoot a level 1 armored operator point blank in the chest cavity with Glaz's rifle, he won't receive 100% of the damage. The resistance increases as you go up armor levels, and when you count rook's armor. Rook's armor also increases the ability to go into a DBNO state. Glaz is a long-range operator, who is ideal on a specific number of maps, mostly plane, hereford, and house. After about 50-60m, his damage drops from 120, to 65. Take that into account on the fact that the operators have damage resistance thanks to their armor, it can take about 2-3 shots at chest level to simply down someone.

He can also completely eliminate people while nobody can see him. The smoke tactic is still somewhat OP. Bomb plants are almost impossible to defend when the entire objective is smoked out and Glaz can see the enemy when they can't see him. Without the smoke seethrough, I agree, he'd be a little obsolete. But with the smoke tactic, I can say he's still good and he will still be a high pick in pro-league.

Servers are still wacked, which was always game breaking. Black Beard's shield outlasts its breaking animation. For instance, when you break his rifle shield, it'll still technically be there for two seconds after it breaks. It means if you're not accurately spraying at his head, he'll kill you around the corner no matter what. uPlay is still broken with things not loading properly, and squading up and NAT Types are pretty much RNG. I've experienced this NAT Type bullstuff. Whenever I start the game, i'll be stuck with any of the three NAT types, and I can change it by restarting the game. forgetass brazilian players can join EUS servers and wreck house thanks to ping advantage, and there's no fix.
Servers aren't that bad. They added 1 step matchmaking, so thats the only improvement this patch does server wise. BB's shield thing has been a thing for a while, and probably be there for 0.1 seconsd. None of these bugs are new, but I understand that its frustrating.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 08:31:06 PM by Sheepocalypse »

He can also completely eliminate people while nobody can see him. The smoke tactic is still somewhat OP. Bomb plants are almost impossible to defend when the entire objective is smoked out and Glaz can see the enemy when they can't see him. Without the smoke seethrough, I agree, he'd be a little obsolete. But with the smoke tactic, I can say he's still good and he will still be a high pick in pro-league.
This is faulty logic. If you know the enemy has a Glaz, and you see a smoke grenade pop. Your instincts should be to spray into it, hide, or throw explosives. If you can't do that you're handicapped. Bomb isn't impossible to defend if you have literally any passive defending operator. Echo, Valkyrie, Mira are all amazing choices for bomb. Jager's ADS can eliminate any smoke grenades entering the objective.

Servers aren't that bad. They added 1 step matchmaking, so thats the only improvement this patch does server wise. BB's shield thing has been a thing for a while, and probably be there for 0.1 seconsd. None of these bugs are new, but I understand that its frustrating.
I don't know where you play, what NAT type you play on, or whether it's PC or console, but the 1-step matchmaking doesn't work for anyone who's solo queueing or doing a 5-man. Oh yeah, remember when the servers went down unexpectedly a few days ago? I do. Reddit threw a hissy fit.

BB's shield is definitely new. Immediately noticeable right after the patch came out. It's game breaking.

You know what they did fix that I am happy about? Geisha room in Skyscraper. You can put traps and barbed wire on the ground now finally.

This is faulty logic. If you know the enemy has a Glaz, and you see a smoke grenade pop. Your instincts should be to spray into it, hide, or throw explosives. If you can't do that you're handicapped. Bomb isn't impossible to defend if you have literally any passive defending operator. Echo, Valkyrie, Mira are all amazing choices for bomb. Jager's ADS can eliminate any smoke grenades entering the objective.
The tactic will still be done with Thatcher, eliminating Jager's ADSs, Valk cams, Yokai drones. Capitao and Fuze for smokes, all together will provide maybe a minute and a half worth of smoke. Good Glaz's can still get headshots completely hidden in smoke. IMO they are turning Glaz into something he shouldn't be. For example, Blackbeard used to be OP, they nerfed his shield. Jackal was slightly OP, they nerfed his gun. Glaz used to (and almost still is) OP, so they nerf other operators AND him? He should retain his old damage model while not being able to see through smoke.

what if they gave his thermal scope limited uses or a recharge mechanic? so like its got batteries you have to replace or let recharge so he cant always be thermal? i feel that might be a decent solution. with limited charges he has to pick and choose when to engage thru a smoke or other situation, or with a recharge he can only be thermal for a smaller window and has to be aggressive with smokes which can open him up to actual danger?

sure does seem like this game is a pile of nothing but connection errors and pathetic tech support

sure does seem like this game is a pile of nothing but connection errors and pathetic tech support
That because it is.

The tactic will still be done with Thatcher, eliminating Jager's ADSs, Valk cams, Yokai drones. Capitao and Fuze for smokes, all together will provide maybe a minute and a half worth of smoke. Good Glaz's can still get headshots completely hidden in smoke. IMO they are turning Glaz into something he shouldn't be. For example, Blackbeard used to be OP, they nerfed his shield. Jackal was slightly OP, they nerfed his gun. Glaz used to (and almost still is) OP, so they nerf other operators AND him? He should retain his old damage model while not being able to see through smoke.

thatcher grenades are nigh useless against any of these gadgets. Valk cams are usually on ceilings, out of the EMP's range. there can be multiple ADS in one room, not to mention they can destroy EMP grenades if caught in the vicinity. they don't even break echos drone, just disable it for 2 seconds.

Glaz is still a long range operator, and I only ever see him being used as such.

sheep, do you play pc or console?

what if they gave his thermal scope limited uses or a recharge mechanic? so like its got batteries you have to replace or let recharge so he cant always be thermal? i feel that might be a decent solution. with limited charges he has to pick and choose when to engage thru a smoke or other situation, or with a recharge he can only be thermal for a smaller window and has to be aggressive with smokes which can open him up to actual danger?
you know what, having an ability similar to caveira's wouldn't be a terrible idea.

what if it was a recharge but it had the opposite effect in terms of sound? like, it plays the little electronic whine that happens whenever night vision is turned on in every single form of media. maybe even have a very quiet, but audible hum while it's active.

thatcher grenades are nigh useless against any of these gadgets. Valk cams are usually on ceilings, out of the EMP's range. there can be multiple ADS in one room, not to mention they can destroy EMP grenades if caught in the vicinity. they don't even break echos drone, just disable it for 2 seconds.

Glaz is still a long range operator, and I only ever see him being used as such.

sheep, do you play pc or console?
The EMPs will successfully clear the entire Kid's bedroom. Its got good range
I play on PC

The EMPs will successfully clear the entire Kid's bedroom. Its got good range
Barely. It's got 3m radius. Used to have 8m radius.