august 21 solar eclipse

Author Topic: august 21 solar eclipse  (Read 13873 times)

THIS IS THE BEST PHOTO I COULD GET OF IT BUT IT LOOKED ABSOLUTELY 100x MORE AMAZING THAN THIS PIC

I ALSO GOT SOME 'A M A Z I N G' PICS OF THE BEFORE PHASE I'LL UPLOAD THOSE LATER

THIS IS THE BEST PHOTO I COULD GET OF IT BUT IT LOOKED ABSOLUTELY 100x MORE AMAZING THAN THIS PIC
[img width=400 ]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/74371816000327680/349266101865152514/Snapchat-1112190968.jpg[/img]

I ALSO GOT SOME 'A M A Z I N G' PICS OF THE BEFORE PHASE I'LL UPLOAD THOSE LATER
this reminds me of the stuffty minecraft sky pack everybody used when v21 first came out

It's over.
It didn't get dark and I was afraid to look at it directly.
So yeah, pretty underwhelming.

Badspot

• Administrator
Update: I drove to Sweet Home at 2am and slept in my car.  Saw the eclipse, left immediately after the totality.  Traffic was dense, but moved at full speed the whole way home.  I avoided I-5, but I probably could have taken it without much trouble.  Although there could have been an apocalyptic wave of traffic from that 10,000+ person festival right behind me.

It was neat looking, but I don't think it would be life changing unless you're a serious double-rainbow type.  If you missed it, don't beat yourself up.  If it's an easy trip for you to see the next one, I'd say go for it, but don't break the bank or your sanity.  As far as events that are cooler live than on video, battlebots ranks waaaay above a total eclipse.  

If total eclipse was a video game, I'd say rent or wait for sale.

i used to stare at the sun for minutes i ain't no pusillanimous individual yolo i'm looking straight at this bitch watch me

update:

update mk ii:

It's over.
It didn't get dark and I was afraid to look at it directly.
So yeah, pretty underwhelming.
thats because you didnt have your Eclipse Viewers™

i saw the full thing
and like
it got dark REALLY fast out of nowhere
and the sun was just this black spot with a bright glow around it and it was really cool
also these glasses that let you see the sun are like level 500 sunglasses because they make literally everything completely black except the sun which is just a somewhat dim orange ball

Update: I drove to Sweet Home at 2am and slept in my car.  Saw the eclipse, left immediately after the totality.  Traffic was dense, but moved at full speed the whole way home.  I avoided I-5, but I probably could have taken it without much trouble.  Although there could have been an apocalyptic wave of traffic from that 10,000+ person festival right behind me.

It was neat looking, but I don't think it would be life changing unless you're a serious double-rainbow type.  If you missed it, don't beat yourself up.  If it's an easy trip for you to see the next one, I'd say go for it, but don't break the bank or your sanity.  As far as events that are cooler live than on video, battlebots ranks waaaay above a total eclipse.  

If total eclipse was a video game, I'd say rent or wait for sale.
I never thought I'd want to read a review of the solar eclipse, but here we are.
 :cookieMonster:

tbh seeing a heritage edition ford gt parked at a grand coney was more exciting for me lol

update mk ii:

On the bright side, you'll never forget what the solar eclipse looks like.

On the bright side, you'll never forget what the solar eclipse looks like.

holy stuff i'm blinking a single heart in the middle of my vision

is this what true love looks like

It was cloudy and rained a lot

was really neat to watch the partial eclipse happen using my pinhole viewer and see the reddit live thread flare up. had some good fun watching :)
also its gotten noticeably dimmer

not much, but heres all i got in new jersey
there was more covered before but i couldnt find the right lens to use in my garage

not much, but heres all i got in new jersey
there was more covered before but i couldnt find the right lens to use in my garage
bruh that looks sick