An advanced bot script?

Author Topic: An advanced bot script?  (Read 1924 times)

Can we get a client bot script and gui.
One that lets you do the following:
Set the bot's name
Makes the bot show up in the Playerlist? (Not sure if this is possible.)
Lets you talk with the bot's name instead of your own.
Lets you use all items.

everything but 2 4 and 5 requires messing with source code (aka instant failbin if publicly released), and 4 would be included in the insta-failbin requirement if you want the blue name that shows up in the top left when typing as the bot.

insta-failbin requirement
Is this by watching addons be fail binned, or is there a thing that lists the addon fail-bin stuff?

Is this by watching addons be fail binned, or is there a thing that lists the addon fail-bin stuff?
the former along with what badspot has said or implied

its by knowing that certain functions have obscure difficult-to-guess passwords

i've always wondered why more people dont fake drama by using Announce(); and modifying the playerlist. it's highly abusable and anyone could literally pick a user they hate and write a whole soap opera and post it in the drama section as forged evidence

i've always wondered why more people dont fake drama by using Announce(); and modifying the playerlist. it's highly abusable and anyone could literally pick a user they hate and write a whole soap opera and post it in the drama section as forged evidence
well to be fair you'd have to be buttbuddies with whoever else was in the drama

everything but 2 4 and 5 requires messing with source code (aka instant failbin if publicly released), and 4 would be included in the insta-failbin requirement if you want the blue name that shows up in the top left when typing as the bot.
How does making the bot have a name and talking under said name require messing with the source code?

Couldnt you do something like this as a part of a function or something? (Please excuse me if i sound loving idiotic, i barely understand torquescript)

Messageall('',"<color:ffff00>$BotName <color:fffff>: $BotTextCustom ");

Btw, i should have mentioned before, i want this to be admin only since bots can crash a server if misused.

function AiPlayer::talk(%this,%msg)
{
       if(%this.name $= "")
                return

announce("\c3" @ %this.name @ "\c6:" SPC %msg);
}

something like this i guess

the hard part is modifying the player list. its not trivial to fake connections with code and update everyone in the server + anyone else who joins with the fake info.

ok well its not hard but you need to have knowledge of how to do it and it is still grounds for immediate crc ban

How does making the bot have a name and talking under said name require messing with the source code?

Couldnt you do something like this as a part of a function or something? (Please excuse me if i sound loving idiotic, i barely understand torquescript)

Messageall('',"<color:ffff00>$BotName <color:fffff>: $BotTextCustom ");

Btw, i should have mentioned before, i want this to be admin only since bots can crash a server if misused.
im talking about name over bot head. if thats not necessary, you can already set a bots name by default events 

Sorry to butt in, but we already have an addon to set name over bot head called SetAIShapeName.

Not a real shapename, but looks like the real thing.

Sorry to butt in, but we already have an addon to set name over bot head called SetAIShapeName.

Not a real shapename, but looks like the real thing.
Why use that when there's an actual shape name event released?

Why use that when there's an actual shape name event released?
Thought it was an instant failbin to give bots proper shapenames?

how about instead we make a bot path script for gamemodes where the script pin points players locations and uses those pin points to teach bots where to walk in the map

how about instead we make a bot path script for gamemodes where the script pin points players locations and uses those pin points to teach bots where to walk in the map

I know of a thing named Support_Pathing, notably used by Slayer, but I haven't a clue how it works. It seems rather complicated, so maybe pathfinding (what you may be describing) won't be too easy to make even with waypoints (as in pin points) to set manually.

Though if you meant having bots follow a straight path or move around randomly, that's an easy GoToBrick and OnBotReachBrick job.