Is this game dying?

Author Topic: Is this game dying?  (Read 7848 times)

What's wrong with that? As long as he stops when an admin tells him to I don't see what's wrong with going to a server to complain.
would you mind if i joined your server and immediately started talking about how stuffty star trek is...?

does the number of active players decrease over time?
yes.

in order to get more players, we need better servers to keep those players playing

in order to get better servers, we need players to play on them so they don't end up empty and forgotten

what a predicament

note: this is why "advertising" is not a lasting solution
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:00:17 PM by The Resonte! »

i remember the good old days of Zombies in the Bluzone, Jorgur's dogfight, Wizzard's dogfight, and disconnected's freebuild. but that's just me.

You can't kill something that's already dead.

i remember the good old days of Zombies in the Bluzone, Jorgur's dogfight, Wizzard's dogfight, and disconnected's freebuild. but that's just me.

Can you believe that Bluzone was 5 years ago?

wow. i remember disconnect had that giant ass wall of funny rules

yeah sadly. i remember them all pretty well. good times.

Holy forget what.

edit: HIOPQ ;IHGEWUGBEWG;WIOE https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=191557.0 wow 2012 I thought it was sooner than that.

in order to get better servers, we need players to play on them so they don't end up empty and forgotten
i second this

i made some really cool deathmatch where the premise was to ricochet bombs off the walls since they didn't explode on contact with other people and traveled kinda far and nobody ever joined

also i made a brick party and nobody joined that either ::^^ ))
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:27:50 PM by kongo »

i second this

i made some really cool deathmatch where the premise was to ricochet bombs off the walls since they didn't explode on contact with other people and traveled kinda far and nobody ever joined

also i made a brick party and nobody joined that either ::^^ ))
We need minigames that include building as part of it or eventing. Maybe make a minigame where you have the creeper mod, but your confined to a box and you have to build to survive (also the creeper could be modified to break non-public bricks.)

something that would be nice would be a more international audience

at night, the servers are usually very dead, so when morning comes around, no server is populated enough to appear interesting to new players. but if there were a lot more players around the globe then servers dont die at night

but its still a huge catch-22

or. or. how about this. market blockland as an educational tool like minecraft and sell it to schools all over
great for architecture

or. how about this. market blockland as an educational tool like minecraft and sell it to schools all over
great for architecture
perfect

would you mind if i joined your server and immediately started talking about how stuffty star trek is...?
No because that's not complaining, that's just being a richard.

Here's an example of a proper complaint: "I don't like how you built the floors here on this deck". There's a world of difference between that and saying "Your server sucks".
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:36:38 PM by Planr »

I get such massive anxiety knowing this game isn't as popular as it used to be in the good old days I have nostalgia for and that it might end up dead soon. I just saw the good old "Blockland Halloween" video in my YouTube recommendations and it struck me like an icicle.

Every time I'm on there's only one or two servers with more than 10 players and the rest are empty. Was it always like this? I wish I could turn back time to see all the awesome servers that there used to be, but just aren't anymore. I really shouldn't have taken it for granted that Blockland will always be there, but all things come to an end eventually.

Perhaps the thing I miss is when clan tags mattered to me and when the internet was a lot more mysterious.

I would seriously pay some money for a new Blockland on a more modern engine with active updates etc.