OVERTIME: Surprisingly well made TF2 x Undertale Fan-game. Ver:1.0.2

Author Topic: OVERTIME: Surprisingly well made TF2 x Undertale Fan-game. Ver:1.0.2  (Read 11708 times)

Recently an extremely well made fan game was released today with tons of work put into it (Took a 1 1/2 years to develop)
It's been recently released and its shameful to see talent go unnoticed.
Heres its trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7gAF1B57q8
Download link is now located at gamejolt!
https://gamejolt.com/games/overtime/255028
Updated to verison 1.0.1 which fixed some issues.
Well, this is it. After almost 1 1/2 years in development, hopefully it has been worth the time. Yes, this is an actual game that I made all by myself. And now you can play and hopefully enjoy it! I never expected it to get this big, it all started out as a small parody and turned into something bigger.
Huge thanks to Robotsan for making the thumbnail of the trailer!

This game is dedicated to Habana, Bendroo and Lethal Kittens for being amazing friends.
Welcome to OVERTIME. In this RPG, you control Miss Pauling on her quest to the Badlands to kill the Mann brothers. But the mercenaries of the brothers will try to stop her, so she has to kill them. Or does she..?

Features:

- A recreation of the entire Undertale engine (overworld, menu, text boxes, battles, yes, ALL of it).
- Simplified battle engine: no ATK or DEF, no items that increase anything but HP, and fixed DMG values. But the rest is the same!
- Time your attacks for extra damage, then dodge completely new enemy attacks, just like in Undertale!
- ACT upon enemies to HIRE them, or just kill them.
- Story, humor and characters based on Undertale and TF2.
- The entire game can be understood and enjoyed even if you've played neither games!
- Created by mostly by one person (me!).
- Become friends with all of the bosses..?
- Sadly, only a few dogs. But also a raccoon.
- You can date a toaster.
- Lots and lots of heart(s).
- Est. playtime: 2-4 hours

CONTROLS:
Ctrl: Menu
Shift: Back
Space: Confirm/Interact

Update 1.0.2 Patch Notes:
Music not looping properly
Music starting too late, resulting in it being cut off prematurely
Music randomly restarting after a few seconds
Fixed a stubborn pressure plate
Added more text for when Spy turns visible again
The issue was the old legacy sound engine of Game Maker Studio, which they didn’t even recommend. The fault was on my part, I updated it to the new engine and it should work much smoother now.
I am genuinely sorry if these glitches ruined your experience in any way. I should have fixed it earlier and I will take all the blame.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 04:26:37 PM by Superbro11 »

Remember when Undertale was popular and liking it was cool?

That was a long time ago.

Of course it would be tf2 and undertale

this does not sound appealing at all

autism is an epidemic

it could have been made when UT was still popular

one of the few cases where well made does not equal good

Remember when Undertale was popular and liking it was cool?

That was a long time ago.
so for like 2 days after its release? It became more "cool" to hate it than liking it within the week

Definitely well made. Needed? No.

it could have been made when UT was still popular
it takes time to make things. it was probably started when undertale was popular

I see.... a TF2-ified Undertale.

I am trying as hard as I can to find any traces of autism. No luck.