INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 128778 times)

Norum turns to her, blinking, eyes widened, "Doc– you know his n–?!"

Norum catches himself—his eyes return relaxed, then suspicious. He then types quickly.

Hopefully, I need to do nothing...Is this someone you see regularly?

Catalina winces in pain.

"Can't you talk like a normal person? What do you want with him?"

"Look, I'm gonna be honest. I need 'm so I can ask him some questions is all. No funny business.", he says.

"Yeah, well he's busy workin', so git' goin' mate,"

Mr. Green turns away and starts talking to another worker who's been waiting to get his attention.

Chima shakes his head and looks displeased.

"What do you need man?" he says with annoyance in his voice.

"Look, I'm looking for the guy that goes by the name of 'The Doctor' ever heard of him?", he says.

Norum sighs through his nose, about to type another message before he shoves his phone back in his pocket in frustration.

He folds his hands in front of him, his face appearing somber, but his enunciation sounding more forced, "Alright, miss, truth is my condition is terminal, and it's not just me. We have reason to believe that this Doctor whoever he is has some motive to forget us all over, but we haven't had the slightest luck in tracking him down. I can only hope that you weren't given the same stuffty treatment."

He pauses briefly, "Right now, I hate to be blunt, but you don't look too well. I am no clinician myself, but it looks like you need to check yourself into a hospital."

"Look, I'm looking for the guy that goes by the name of 'The Doctor' ever heard of him?", he says.

"Mate I seen a bunch a doctors, what does this one do?" Chima says, still a bit annoyed.

Norum sighs through his nose, about to type another message before he shoves his phone back in his pocket in frustration.

He folds his hands in front of him, his face appearing somber, but his enunciation sounding more forced, "Alright, miss, truth is my condition is terminal, and it's not just me. We have reason to believe that this Doctor whoever he is has some motive to forget us all over, but we haven't had the slightest luck in tracking him down. I can only hope that you weren't given the same stuffty treatment."

He pauses briefly, "Right now, I hate to be blunt, but you don't look too well. I am no clinician myself, but it looks like you need to check yourself into a hospital."

Catalina looks distraught.

"I'm not going to the hospital. I- uh, told you, I just get headaches," she says weakly.

You get the feeling that she isn't very receptive to your advice or line of questioning anymore.

Norum watches his hope perhaps slip away, and resigning this, he reaches into his bag and pulls out a business card. "If you want to talk more, you can reach me here."

Norum stands up and begins walking toward the car where Daniel is waiting and enters through the door conjoining the two cars. He would exit at the next stop.

"Well, I'm look for a specific doctor...", she spits out those words. "Not in the way of getting treated, just looking for him.", he sighs before looking up at Chima. "Have you been having any problems with implants lately?", he says.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 05:48:30 PM by Agent Legit 22 »

"Well, I'm look for a specific doctor...", she spits out those words. "Not in the way of getting treated, just looking for him.", he sighs before looking up at Chima. "Have you been having any problems with implants lately?", he says.

"Okay mate, listen now, what kinda doctor you looking for?"

Norum watches his hope perhaps slip away, and resigning this, he reaches into his bag and pulls out a business card. "If you want to talk more, you can reach me here."

Norum stands up and begins walking toward the car where Daniel is waiting and enters through the door conjoining the two cars. He would exit at the next stop.

Daniel and Norum hop off the interdistrict express at one of the first stations in Carmichael.

Elena texts you "How's it going so far?"

"Oh its his uh... His nickname, I don't know his name.", he says. He digs into his pocket and brings out a note with the address to the derelict house the crew inspected earlier. "Remember this place?", he says as he shows it to him.

Norum's heart sinks as he reads the text, forces out a sigh, then texts back, She wasn't very receptive, and was in pain. Left one of my contact cards.

"Oh its his uh... His nickname, I don't know his name.", he says. He digs into his pocket and brings out a note with the address to the derelict house the crew inspected earlier. "Remember this place?", he says as he shows it to him.

Chima thinks over it for a moment.

"Oh Doctor Ogilvy? Guy wif the hands that break up in to many fingers? I seen him. Gave me my new legs. I fink he's trustworthy. Kinda aloof though. You'll have to find him again though. Don't fink he sticks around very long in one spot," Chima chatters.

Your microphone should catch it all. You feel again that breaking Chima's illusion about the Doctor would hurt your cause, at least that it might get him to stop talking.

Norum's heart sinks as he reads the text, forces out a sigh, then texts back, She wasn't very receptive, and was in pain. Left one of my contact cards.

"stuff. Hopefully someone will talk. Contact card might be good or bad. Are you guys done for the night?"

Ryde's face lights up a little at the mention of the doctor. "How--How did you get into contact with him?", he says.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:55:13 PM by Agent Legit 22 »

Norum texts Elena back again, "Don't worry; I left the one to my 2nd phone. Oh yeah, and I think he went by Doctor Oglivy or something like that. As usual, could be a pseudonym, could not. Hopefully Ryde comes up with something good."

He sends another as he gets aboard the reverse-heading express train, "We'll try to get to Peyton before arriving back at the shop. Is the place that carries KSD still open or do you have to special order that?."

Music

Ryde's face lights up a little at the mention of the doctor. "How--How did you get into contact with him?", he says.

"Phone number online. Was a bit of a risk, but I fink for the ability to work again it was worf it,"

The intensity of the flames has died some but there is still a huge stack of dark smoke rising in to the air.

"Alright lets, get back to work folks. Chima, stop talking to that man and you, get out of here,"

Chima looks back at you.

"Sorry man, gotta work. Hope it helps,"

Norum texts Elena back again, "Don't worry; I left the one to my 2nd phone. Oh yeah, and I think he went by Doctor Oglivy or something like that. As usual, could be a pseudonym, could not. Hopefully Ryde comes up with something good."

He sends another as he gets aboard the reverse-heading express train, "We'll try to get to Peyton before arriving back at the shop. Is the place that carries KSD still open or do you have to special order that?."

"Don't worry about the KSD right now. Talk to Peyton. I'll be back at the house soon."

The interdistrict express heading in to town is packed, but as you make your way though Midtown, the train clears out. You switch at an empty platform to an express that will take you from Midtown to Pig Iron. Those that board the train on its way to Pig Iron are hardy men and women, dressed in blue collar class clothes. They are expressionless, and silent.

You switch to a intradistrict train in Pig Iron at a dirty, mangey station, build in cold brutalist style with concrete and metalwork. The ride is short, and the bar is a block from the station. The surrounding area is illuminated in orange glow from the lights of the factories. The buildings include sporadic heavy industrial, surrounded by light industrial buildings, shops, and the occasional restaurant.

The establishment in question is a concrete masonry structure. It is well lit and stained from the local pollutants. The bar is called Workman's.

While en route, Norum shoots back a text. "It's for after—I still owe you for the other night."

Norum sighs. Hopefully this'll be a break.

He enters the bar.