INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 128861 times)

"Thank's man, you've really helped me out.", he says as he walks away. As he walks away however, he sends the recording of Chima saying the doctor's name to Elena. "I believe we have him.", he puts as a caption.

While en route, Norum shoots back a text. "It's for after—I still owe you for the other night."

Norum sighs. Hopefully this'll be a break.

He enters the bar.

The bar is small and active, but not packed. There are TV screens broadcasting international soccer. The room is kept fairly dim, and is adorned with pictures of workingmen, labor unions, steel mills, ship breakers, the logos and badging of renowned Aurumian companies, and heavy industry, the walls lined with trinkets and models of machines made that were made or are made in Pig Iron.

Peyton is easily identifiable at the bar, with a marred and scratched mechanical arm resting on the bar table. He is wearing blue-gray coveralls. The seat next to him is open.

"Thank's man, you've really helped me out.", he says as he walks away. As he walks away however, he sends the recording of Chima saying the doctor's name to Elena. "I believe we have him.", he puts as a caption.

"Maybe. Norum is on his way to see the last guy. Think you're done for the night?"

"Yeah, I'm done for tonight.", he sighs mid-text. "I just wish this is the right guy."

Norum makes his way over behind the empty seat, taking a moment to admire the decor as he weaves through any table arrangements and bar patrons. Arriving behind Peyton, he taps him on the upper arm. "Hi, this seat taken?"

"Yeah, I'm done for tonight.", he sighs mid-text. "I just wish this is the right guy."

"The recording sounds good. The description is like I remember it. Thanks a bunch, and take it easy,"

Norum makes his way over behind the empty seat, taking a moment to admire the decor as he weaves through any table arrangements and bar patrons. Arriving behind Peyton, he taps him on the upper arm. "Hi, this seat taken?"

Peyton glances down at you.

"Uh- No, it's not," he says with indifference, before fixating on the TV again.

Ryde takes the subway home, rocking along with the passengers as the subway makes its way along home.

Norum sits down, focusing on the man's arm for a second before looking away as the bartender arrives.

B: "Hey, can I get you anything?" Norum glances back to the TV to see what Peyton is watching before focussing back at the bartender.
N: "Uhhh, rye whiskey, neat. Whatever you'd recommend."
B: "Sure, be back in a minute."

"Hey," Norum leans toward Peyton, "Couldn't help but notice your arm. That a custom model?"

Norum sits down, focusing on the man's arm for a second before looking away as the bartender arrives.

B: "Hey, can I get you anything?" Norum glances back to the TV to see what Peyton is watching before focussing back at the bartender.
N: "Uhhh, rye whiskey, neat. Whatever you'd recommend."
B: "Sure, be back in a minute."

"Hey," Norum leans toward Peyton, "Couldn't help but notice your arm. That a custom model?"

On the TV is a soccer match between Aurum and Germany. The bartender sets your glass down in front of you.

Peyton looks away from the TV and down at you.

"Its Plantec, one of their robust prosthetics, fairly recent model,"
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:36:19 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

"Hm.." Norum nods as he takes a sip of his drink. "Name's Norum. You?"

Peyton looks at your for a second, holding his tongue.

"Peyton," he says, finally.

Norum looks him over briefly, narrowing his eyes, which linger at the arm for a little longer than a glance, before saying suddenly, "I'm gonna guess you're a car guy. Am I right?"

Norum looks him over briefly, narrowing his eyes, which linger at the arm for a little longer than a glance, before saying suddenly, "I'm gonna guess you're a car guy. Am I right?"

Peyton looks at you and shakes his head.

"No, but I'll tell ya what I do like, brewing. How 'bout that?"

Norum's eyes widen. "Homebrewing? Beer, yeah? What kind?" Norum takes a modest sip from his glass.

"Ales. I looked in to harder stuff but there's not enough space 'round here to make it and stuff gets dicey with trying not to go blind,"

"Haha, good stuff. Tried that once when I was 18 and the fumes got to me..." Norum inhales nervously through his teeth before focusing back on Peyton, "Should've paid more attention in chemistry." He finishes, smiling back, bringing the cup to his lips as he takes a sip, grunting as the liquid burns its way down.