INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 129204 times)

Daniel, Ryde, and Norum depart for a location given to them by Dan. The location specified in Sharpton Annex, along the border with the Pig Iron District. The three of you depart the subway and are greeted with characteristically colonial British architecture that has been worn out over the some two or three centuries of use. The streets are small, and so traffic on the roads moves quite slow. The Colonial British could not have foreseen the complications of the future. Traffic on foot is moderate, with patrons moving between pubs and returning to their apartments above the small storefronts and bars.

Ominously in the distance the lights of the Pig Iron District illuminate the low hanging smog and the many towers and stacks rising into Pig Iron's chemical cloud. The smog belies the true heights of many of the smokestacks, some rising high, even above the smog, some stopping very low. The environmental regulations being what they are, very few of the stacks are high enough to ensure that their pollutants fall into the ocean rather than the neighboring districts. Many of the stacks look rusting and fouled. Their owners neglect appearances.

The target building is a small 'warehouse' right on the border. The building itself looks more like a large garage. The area looks poor and run down, but it has better lighting than the neighborhood that Xang's group was working in and is still in active use. A highway rises a few stories above the surrounding area, and is congested with passing semis and trucks. Traffic on the roads near the target building is nonexistent. There is an alley flanking each side of the warehouse.

Rog grumbles to himself and goes to investigate.

Moving downstairs leads you to what was a living room. On a broken and worn couch lies a wastrel. He smells like a bar, and is very much out of it. He doesn't seem to notice you.

Elena turns to Zhang, being the only one still at the table.

"I'll send over the money I promised for your time. If you want to have another discussion, we should go somewhere private,"

At the same time Jae receives a text from Elena.

"I don't know what your financial situation is offhand, but if you ever need work I can dig some up for you,"

And Amanda hears Elena in her ear.

"Ya awake over there?"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:38:56 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

Rog does a visual pat-down to ascertain whether or not the hobo is armed, possibly someone of high standing, bigger than he is, or someone he knows.

"Is this it?", Ryde looks at Norum. He seems a bit annoyed by the trip, and the traffic.

Norum takes out his phone and checks a follow-up text received from Dan, then looks back up to the faded, deteriorated numbers indicating the street number. "Yup. This is it."

Norum begins to walk slowly toward the building, often looking around to see if anything or anyone is watching. He also looks over the building for security cameras.

"Great", Ryde sighs as he pulls out his pistol, holding it idly in his left hand.

Daniel also removes his pistol, which was tucked into his waistband on his back.  He pulled the slide on the pistol back to see if there was a round in the chamber.  Given that there wasn't, since Daniel was a disciplined weapon owner, he then pulled the slide all the way back to chamber a round.  He then flexed his mechanical right hand, making sure everything was calibrated correctly, "Let me look ahead a bit," he said, placing his hand against the outside wall of the warehouse and activating his augmentation.

"Eyeyey!" Norum interjects in a loud whisper, "Put the guns away! Remember, this isn't a damn raid."

Daniel keeps it between himself and the wall, looking around as Norum brings attention to
it, "Sh!  I'm just getting ready for the worst case scenario!"

Ryde looks around, quickly shoving his gun into his pant leg, "stuff, sorry."

Rog does a visual pat-down to ascertain whether or not the hobo is armed, possibly someone of high standing, bigger than he is, or someone he knows.

The bum is not armed with anything, although he is cradling a glass bottle. He is lean with bony features, dressed in a mangy white shirt and sports shorts. His arms and legs are dotted with lesions. He is not anybody Rog recognizes.

Daniel PER: 32
Daniel is Trained in Awareness, +0
Augment Bonus, +20
Difficulty Adjustment, +10
Test taken at 62
Roll: 45
Result: Success

Daniel notices small debris on the ground, of a material sufficiently hard to produce returns. There is also what appears to be a gun, as well as an irregular object that is obscured by noise in the image, laid up against what appears to be racks of the warehouse's stock.

The bum is not armed with anything, although he is cradling a glass bottle. He is lean with bony features, dressed in a mangy white shirt and sports shorts. His arms and legs are dotted with lesions. He is not anybody Rog recognizes.
Rog kicks the couch to wake the bum up.

Elena turns to Zhang, being the only one still at the table.

"I'll send over the money I promised for your time. If you want to have another discussion, we should go somewhere private,"

Zhang hums a monosyllabic response to acknowledge Elena. She looks at her watch, with very little more to say.

Dan furrowed his brow, looking up at the two, "I can't see inside.  But there's definitely some stuff going on in there, there's a lot of noise interference.  I also see at least one firearm,"  he stood up as he said it, looking at the other two as he tucked his weapon into his jacket pocket, "What do you wanna do?"

Norum looks up with pursed lips, searching to see if any lights are on or if there are any windows perhaps looking in on the same ground floor which Daniel just observed. "If I can get on the adjacent roof and see in, then I can get a better idea of what's inside."

He also scans the nearby rooflines to see if he would have to climb up or if he could make it in a single bound. Additionally, he checks out the buildings nearby to see if they are occupied.

"I'll be going around to see if I can see inside.", Ryde says to the two as he goes around the side opposite to Daniel