INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 129256 times)

Ryde carefully walks down to the basement, clicking on a light if there is one.

Norum listens and nods to Brooklyn, "Perfect, thanks." before turning back to Nevada,

"Do you specialize in more of the medical side of augments or the engineering side?"

"I work a bit more on the engineering side, I don't work in installation."

"I work a bit more on the engineering side, I don't work in installation."
"Great, so you'll have no Hippocratic Oath to rescind."

Norum sits up and leans forward, looking Nevada in the eye. "On that note, let me tell you that our investigations have ruffled some feathers with certain people or groups, and that's not bound to stop any time soon. To put it simply, words are exchanged for lead sometimes. You ok with that?"

Brooklyn leans back and crosses her arms listening to Norum. She has just as much to learn about this group as Nevada does. Her attention is also piqued by Nevada's past with augments.

She keeps silent, listening attentively and periodically looking around.

Nevada shrugs,

"Yeah, I'd prefer not to get into fights, but I guess it's necessary sometimes. Well, is that all?"

"Yep. That's all," Norum says, scooting his chair back and standing up. "Oh, and also, Elena and the rest of the group are currently conducting an investigation," he says checking his watch. "We should be able to make it if you would like to come along."

Ryde carefully walks down to the basement, clicking on a light if there is one.

There is no light. You will have to come up with one.

Daniel searches for any kind of handle to grab the crate by, and brings it over by the stairs.  He continues his search around, starting with the several rooms attached to the foyer. 

The crate is not heavy.

Daniel PER: 32
Daniel is trained in awarenss, +/-0
Difficulty Adjustment, +0
Test taken at 32
Roll: 8
Test Passed

You make your way into your first room, a bedroom, and you spot a small patch of bloodied gauze under the bed.

Daniel shines his light at the gauze, and attempts to get a better look underneath the bed.  Simultaneously, he relays the information to Elena.  "Yo, El, got something worth looking into upstairs.  Can you see through my eye or some hacky stuff?" he said.

Ryde brings two fingers up on his earpiece, saying, "Ryde here, its dark as stuff down here. Anyone got flashlights upstiars?"

"Alright, let's head out then."

Brooklyn checks her own watch and stands quickly. "Well, lead the way, Norum."

The three board a subway heading towards Sharpton North, arriving a few blocks away from the location. After walking the remaining distance, they arrive outside a shoddy building with Elena's car and a repulsor lift bike parked out front. Norum waves to Elena standing out front as they approach. "These two seem good to go. Would you like to fill them in and put 'em to work?"

Daniel shines his light at the gauze, and attempts to get a better look underneath the bed.  Simultaneously, he relays the information to Elena.  "Yo, El, got something worth looking into upstairs.  Can you see through my eye or some hacky stuff?" he said.

Looking under the bed reveals nothing but dust and grit and cobwebs.

"No, I can't, with enough time I could. I'm on the side of privacy in this age, if we could ever get it back, so don't worry to much about me spying. Do you want a sandwich bag for the gauze? It sounds gross," he replies cheerfully.

Ryde brings two fingers up on his earpiece, saying, "Ryde here, its dark as stuff down here. Anyone got flashlights upstiars?"

"Does your phone have one?"I should just said you whip out your phone and use its light sorry.

The three board a subway heading towards Sharpton North, arriving a few blocks away from the location. After walking the remaining distance, they arrive outside a shoddy building with Elena's car and a repulsor lift bike parked out front. Norum waves to Elena standing out front as they approach. "These two seem good to go. Would you like to fill them in and put 'em to work?"

"Sure. Norum, mind introducing me?"

Elena radios the group inside.

"New guys are coming inside to help,"

Though to the group outside Elena has said and done nothing.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 01:48:29 AM by Mr. Hurricane »

"Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that?", Ryde mumbles under his breath. He then turns on the flashlight option on his phone, and haves it about the room, looking around.