Author Topic: BLIVE 1.0.0 [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]  (Read 16419 times)

will be down for maintenance as i implement an account system that uses blockland auth as suggested by people above this forum post

yes

i talked to him about it via pm

others, please dont talk about that

Turns out they are wasted use and he's trying damage control by saying it doesn't fit the style anymore. He paid me nothing. The background colors and UI are the same. This is just full of stuff isn't it? Is this gonna be hammereditor 2.0 where he has a hosting service eventually and then forgets it all up for some mundane reason?

if youre offended about me not using them, you could at least not try to start any stuff here, since that wont actually do anything except for potentially smear me or my service

you making them was completely your fault and i never promised you that i was actually going to use them, either; i will concede if you prove me wrong

Turns out they are wasted use and he's trying damage control by saying it doesn't fit the style anymore. He paid me nothing. The background colors and UI are the same. This is just full of stuff isn't it? Is this gonna be hammereditor 2.0 where he has a hosting service eventually and then forgets it all up for some mundane reason?

Turns out they are wasted use and he's trying damage control by saying it doesn't fit the style anymore.
they're wasted use BECAUSE they dont fit the style anymore, and if i wanted to do anything like damage control, i would just say "i was too busy to put them in since i was only focused on developing features like accounts"

He paid me nothing.
you never asked to be paid in the first place, but unfortunately, i dont have any of the private messages of you offering to make them in the first place to prove it, so forget

The background colors and UI are the same.
i dont even know where i want to go with the ui design, so i cant give you an answer about this

This is just full of stuff isn't it? Is this gonna be hammereditor 2.0 where he has a hosting service eventually and then forgets it all up for some mundane reason?
no

you making them was completely your fault and i never promised you that i was actually going to use them, either; i will concede if you prove me wrong

You never promised me anything but you asked for them, you set rules for them and even said "if we both agree".

But, this counts as a commision since I offered them and you wanted them.

Why did you accept them if you were planning not to use them anywhere in the first place? Why did you say "offer" and why did you set rules in them if you did not want them specific? Something seems kind of fishy.

-snip-
That's because at the time, thought that they would work with the visual scheme of BLIVE

I was planning on using them, but the way BLIVE is now, I would rather not use them until I find a way that BLIVE is designed so that they would work together to compliment it

I also said "offer" because you literally offered to make icons for BLIVE voluntarily, and I set rules because I thought that they would have worked with BLIVE at the time for how they were designed, and never expected that I wouldn't want to use them later

Anyway, I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to

wtf lol if you are giving something for free never expect a payback unless you clearly asked. If you gave him the icon pack before asking for a paycheck that is a dumb move, you gave it to him for free so why would he need to pay for it if he already has it? (Unless it was a clear agreement before giving him the pack)

i am sick with how i lack the self control to NOT forget with blive and make it no longer work (literally) every two days

i will split blive up into a stable site and a testing site, where people should use stable and i use testing for trying new features

you can access testing on :8002, while stable is on :8001

im going to slow down my development of blive and instead try to focus on developing some sort of frontend ui framework or toolkit similar to bootstrap, foundation, materialize, semantic-ui, whatever, so that i can get design solved and move on with implementing features

honestly design is the last thing you should really do

Significant future backend updates are likely to conflict with the frontend you're making.

You're trying to build the roof before finishing the foundation, let alone the walls.