Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 236817 times)

Grove Street. Home.
All you had to do was follow the damn train CJ!

On-Topic - this seems really great - I hope it has the same simplicity and ease as blockland does. I would love to be on the DEV team somehow even if it was just making simple stuff

could this be open source

I believe it should be open source after the core default game is ready.

I like that idea! Instead of having 3 rival projects, we should just combine them into one. I'm getting burnt out working by myself anyway.
That'd be awesome, plus you could have more stuff\ideas and would also halves the payload on you. (at least on the paper)

So... Any ETA on the first demo? (Even video or a bunch of screenshots, I don't really care as long you guys work on it)

This.

You got a discord for this?
I can make one; would y'all be open to joining?

Do you mean in addition to ying yang?
Yes

bumper cars
Interesting idea =)

There's nothing stopping you from releasing your own project files, though.
Yeah, Unity isn't open source. But, I would have no problem releasing most of the scripts.

I'd like to help too.
I could definitely use help if anyone else is interested. Although, I'm not just looking to make a single game, but to start a business in game development in the future. But, I could at least use help with this project.

All you had to do was follow the damn train CJ!

On-Topic - this seems really great - I hope it has the same simplicity and ease as blockland does. I would love to be on the DEV team somehow even if it was just making simple stuff
That would be cool, what do you enjoy working on?

That'd be awesome, plus you could have more stuff\ideas and would also halves the payload on you. (at least on the paper)

So... Any ETA on the first demo? (Even video or a bunch of screenshots, I don't really care as long you guys work on it)
This.
No ETA yet. Lately we've been discussing the brick system and a few other things; we start work on that today.

Or we could use Blockland glass' discord (or that rtb I found long ago). Because I noticed that there aren't many active users on both - but maybe that's because i live in europe.

No ETA yet. Lately we've been discussing the brick system and a few other things; we start work on that today.
Nice :)

Yes!
Or we could use Blockland glass' discord (or that rtb I found long ago). Because I noticed that there aren't many active users on both - but maybe that's because i live in europe.
Lets not use some random ass discord as a surrogate discord for the project to leech off of.

Lets not use some random ass discord as a surrogate discord for the project to leech off of.
Not really random, it was made by Felipe, if I recall correctly.
I think it would've been better, so more people can know about the project, and maybe they can help each other or something. This until the project grows bigger. It's useless to start big if something is not gonna work that much - And it's also something less they have to worry for. (and I'm also here hoping it'll work. 'specially because it would be awesome if it does.)

No, their own should just be made.

Make a discord with a public chat for posting announcements and a dev chat for you guys to discuss in

I'm looking forward for this project, godspeed.
Make a discord with a public chat for posting announcements and a dev chat for you guys to discuss in
No, their own should just be made.
oh well. That's still a detail as this project is still in a vaporware form as for now.
(I don't mean anything offensive, is just that I heard that's a term used for announced but not released projects).
Arguing over if a discord server should or should not be made is useless right now. I'm be more concerned about Add-ons being supported in this new game.

And if they can make something to support blockland addons into that would be great. although i'm expecting a big fat "no" from the developers and how hard would it be to make it. (engines differences being one of the reasons.)
Also: i hope they use this playermodel
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:03:58 PM by Razgriz »

Here's the public discord for the project, all are welcome! Please bring a positive attitude!
The more feedback and constructive criticism we receive, the more inspired we'll feel to work on the game!
https://discord.gg/NuHfMP5

The visual scripting interface concept is a bit ambitious for something that's barely in the proof of concept stage, especially for a supposed two man team.

Don't you think y'all are getting a little ahead of yourself here?

Quoting for prosperity.

Already posting the proof-of-concept to the forum kinda seals it's death warrant. All the pats on the back you get for giving it a shot will kill off any long-term motivation to get this done, and it seems based on the ambitious ideas you keep tossing around implies that you aren't fully aware of just what kind of undertaking this project will develop into.

Quoting for prosperity.

Already posting the proof-of-concept to the forum kinda seals it's death warrant. All the pats on the back you get for giving it a shot will kill off any long-term motivation to get this done, and it seems based on the ambitious ideas you keep tossing around implies that you aren't fully aware of just what kind of undertaking this project will develop into.
I mean from my experience with gamedev doing Land of Dran as well as other projects, the amount of interest/praise is a big factor in whether or not I actually finish the project.
That said, I agree with the rest. I've said it before as have others, that this thread has a ratio of suggestions to updates of like 20:1.