Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 236950 times)

Also, the player model is a placeholder as well, and will be rescaled for the pre-alpha demo.
Yeah, i dont think rescaling is going to fix that.

not a placeholder if it's still going to be used in the end

Yeah, i dont think rescaling is going to fix that.
It will help fix the proportions and make it feel more like a minifig though.

not a placeholder if it's still going to be used in the end
It's not going to be used in the end, it was designed by a member of the community and is only acting as a temporary reference.

It will help fix the proportions and make it feel more like a minifig though.
It's not going to be used in the end, it was designed by a member of the community and is only acting as a temporary reference.
Oh okay good, use something that looks similar to minifig, not a robot.

Oh okay good, use something that looks similar to minifig, not a robot.
Why though?

yeah I should probably do something about that model it's been like half a year since I touched it

okay real quick what the forget is this octree stuff I thought you were using a ROBLOX-style building system

okay real quick what the forget is this octree stuff I thought you were using a ROBLOX-style building system
octree is just a way to optimize game engine stuff so stuff doesnt lag at like 2000 bricks or something

people tend to incorrectly associate it with bricks unrendering hidden faces, but its more than that and actually somewhat unrelated

do u tink this game will take off

do u tink this game will take off
I think so =) Right now development is moving a bit slow as we get the core systems in place. But, once we get to the beta and eventually the final release, it should really take off. I don't know how popular it'll be, but it will feature certain things that make it unique to other games out there.

ok now make a vote between squideeys or trogs

I really REALLY hope you use this one - I think the minifig appeals to a lot more people (possibly) than the robot looking one currently being used. Also, it'd be a lot easier to make cosmetics that will be available in game for this minifig - it's pretty reminiscent of Lego and Lego has made tons and tons of hats and things for their minifigs. Also, I think the hitbox can be a lot more generous on this one than the current robotic one - it's a more blocky character and wider with a more general shape.