Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237047 times)

I dont think Badspot will sue. Bones avatar looks too much like the LEGO fig, which way back they did threaten to sue Badspot if he didnt change it.
Oh I didn't make that avatar, just to clarify.

i forgot about this but a while ago i made a concept model for squideeys concept

think about this for a second. badspot sueing for ripping off a design that was ripped off from another design

if anyone would be sueing, it would be lego.
I really like this one, should use it or consider it!

What you could do, is make it so people can choose their avatar type? Why not put 2 of the avatars in the game and give people variety? You can't please everyone for sure, but it'd please a lot more people I believe.
forget limiting it to blocky minifigures too. im tired of this blocky stuff man. IT aint true to the spirit of the game. does the ball look like it's made out of bricks? na. the jeep? na. cus they AINT. they're just toys. the ball is literally a ball. it's just a ball, man. a regular ball. it's not legos
not everything's gotta be "blocko". that's not how it should be to me. everything's toys: the legos are toys, the jeep, the ball, the guns, etc, they're toys and that's GREAT. that's the most nostalgic stuff to me. who, as a kid, just played with legos?  n o b o d y.  who even bothered to keep them separate? na. cus it's fun to mix them. regular toys with legos. yes fukin please. PLEASE
the old army man addon is a GREAT example of this to me. that addon was one of my favorites. it didn't look like blocky stuff, and that's exactly what made it so great. it was like a kid was playing with plastic army men AND legos. I loved that stuff

don't get me wrong. stuff that fits in with the lego theme is cool too. take a look at brickarms. that stuff's pretty rad, and it works with legos. I'm just real tired of everyone taking digs at people who don't make "blocko" stuff, cus I think that's the sorta stuff that would make the game more fun

I'm just sayin cus if this game really happens it's a good time to get a fresh start. not everything needs to look like T+T ya kno
(also wrote way more than i meant to)

^^^
ty for speaking the truth, I hate how everyone here seems to have this idea that "if it's not low poly and has sharp edges it doesn't belong in blockland".

forget limiting it to blocky minifigures too. im tired of this blocky stuff man. IT aint true to the spirit of the game. does the ball look like it's made out of bricks? na. the jeep? na. cus they AINT. they're just toys. the ball is literally a ball. it's just a ball, man. a regular ball. it's not legos
not everything's gotta be "blocko". that's not how it should be to me. everything's toys: the legos are toys, the jeep, the ball, the guns, etc, they're toys and that's GREAT. that's the most nostalgic stuff to me. who, as a kid, just played with legos?  n o b o d y.  who even bothered to keep them separate? na. cus it's fun to mix them. regular toys with legos. yes fukin please. PLEASE
the old army man addon is a GREAT example of this to me. that addon was one of my favorites. it didn't look like blocky stuff, and that's exactly what made it so great. it was like a kid was playing with plastic army men AND legos. I loved that stuff

don't get me wrong. stuff that fits in with the lego theme is cool too. take a look at brickarms. that stuff's pretty rad, and it works with legos. I'm just real tired of everyone taking digs at people who don't make "blocko" stuff, cus I think that's the sorta stuff that would make the game more fun

I'm just sayin cus if this game really happens it's a good time to get a fresh start. not everything needs to look like T+T ya kno
(also wrote way more than i meant to)
I dont really like T+T

lmao for forgets sake the discussion of what avatar will be used will never loving go away will it

Ow 3d studs
Cant wait for my computer to choke and die

Ow 3d studs
Cant wait for my computer to choke and die
They're 5D actually.

lmao for forgets sake the discussion of what avatar will be used will never loving go away will it
Yeah, let's wait until we actually get to the avatar first lol. Right now our focus is core mechanics.

i forgot about this but a while ago i made a concept model for squideeys concept

think about this for a second. badspot sueing for ripping off a design that was ripped off from another design

That design is quite interesting; the player (and everything else) doesn't technically have to be low-poly. We'll still experiment with the game's style as development progresses though.

LOL yeah a law suit is what he needs.

Anyway Ghost, I really like the design of that tall one, just below the knee caps kind of throws me off. Maybe a little thinner in that area if it comes to it.
I'm glad someone does like it, yeah something about the proportions is definitely off-putting about it.

That's what I said lol..

I dont think Badspot will sue. Bones avatar looks too much like the LEGO fig, which way back they did threaten to sue Badspot if he didnt change it.

yeah something about the proportions is definitely off-putting about it.
It's definitely still a good first design for that style. Just removing those leg weights would make it look lit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:22:10 PM by IdeTheBird »

this is definitely my favorite 3D model yet

there's something whimsical about those melty shapes and that stupid face that just oozes personality

i really loving like this design
but i think it needs to be more minimalistic/low poly

i really feel like we should stick with something close to the original model. the lack of arms and legs makes putting weapons in a persons hand a lot easier. you dont have to worry about the arm looking to streched out even if its stupidly long and it fits the blocky aethestic. arms and legs force modelers to work within the bounds of the model

applying trogtors model would mean compensating for the fingers, the arm, and if the player was wearing a shirt modelers would have to compensate for that too (Without it looking strechy and weird)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:29:24 PM by two and a half limericks »

i really loving like this design
but i think it needs to be more minimalistic/low poly
maybe the pants could be straightedge

remember Squideey's original 3D model
I guess I'll dump my old Blockland rip-off assets here.

icons

it still meshes pretty well with low-poly weapons and such, i think by having both soft and hard aspects to the character