Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 234764 times)

You still exist!??! This is amazing
holy forget its JD

Don't mind Ghost. He just phases in and out of reality when he needs to go get a 4D mcdouble or 5D cubical sandwich.
I do love my samwiches.

Ghost could i ask a unity-related question? Do you work in C#? if not dont answer the below question

I'm trying to load a model into my game. I created a MeshFilter and meshCollider and i want to set the meshCollider's sharedmesh to an .obj file i have in my resources folder. I did this:

MeshCollider col = cube.AddComponent<MeshCollider> ();
col.sharedMesh = Resources.Load("cube.obj") as Mesh;

The objects show up in game. however, when i check the scene object and look at its mesh collider, the mesh field says None (Mesh). this is making it impossible for me to fire raycasts on anything. Do you know how to solve this issue? or maybe you have an example on how you instantiate models into the game, with all the components a default primitive would have, such as a meshfilter, meshrenderer, meshcollider, with all the values you need for each
Answered via PM.

The pine tree's there. ;)

I just have to fix an issue with the brick textures before I can start building with it.

Hey, just sayin', i'm wilrnilr, from YouTube. i'm migrating names.

I know it's really early but what percentage of the game do you think you have done currently?

Hard to say overall, because it depends on how much content we plan to add for the final release. But in terms of the pre-alpha stage, I would say we're about 50% done.

Minor Update: Finally got the custom shaders working again, which supports both opaque and transparent colors. Building controls have also been added, and are mostly finished:

Also tested compiling an external build / application of the game, i.e. for the eventual demo release.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:43:13 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I can finally see the models I made! Nice Job!

I can finally see the models I made! Nice Job!
Thanks! I'll hopefully include a few more models shortly.

I love how the floor looks so 3D even though it's not, normal mapping is wonderful.

I love how the floor looks so 3D even though it's not, normal mapping is wonderful.
sHIZ I JUST NOTICED
Looks neato

stuff thats nice

i know this has probably been asked before but will the ever be paid?

I wouldn't mind and in fact would encourage that you sell this as a $20 game

just seems right for something that has been worked on this hard

sHIZ I JUST NOTICED
Looks neato
Thanks guys

stuff thats nice

i know this has probably been asked before but will the ever be paid?
I wouldn't mind and in fact would encourage that you sell this as a $20 game

just seems right for something that has been worked on this hard
Yes, but I'm thinking of selling it for between $15 to $20 USD at most.

Minor Update: Finally got transparent colors working! Also made some improvements to how brick textures are handled, and added a few more HUD graphics.

I don't know if this is entirely possible or not but could you make shaders so that when light travels through a colored brick that is transparent, it gets tinted that color coming out the other side?

kinda like