Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232190 times)

I don't know if this is entirely possible or not but could you make shaders so that when light travels through a colored brick that is transparent, it gets tinted that color coming out the other side?

kinda like

I did look into that, but having colored shadows would be incredibly calculation intensive, and just wouldn't be practical in a game. You could technically use spotlights to give the appearance of colored shadows in some cases, but you would need a separate light entity per shadow.

original concept:

this is for the contest thingy, just wanted to post it here

dang, that's pretty neat

this is for the contest thingy, just wanted to post it here
Very nice, using makeshift weapons / tools is a great idea.

neat concept but its way too blocky

neat concept but its way too blocky
too blocky for a block game
got it

maybe not have the wrench be a wrench maybe like a clipboard since the wrench acts like a property changer.

if the game is going to have a signature build, it may sound weird, but...

it should be one of those rainbow walls that keep appearing

for nostalgic purposes

once the game is finished

maybe not have the wrench be a wrench maybe like a clipboard since the wrench acts like a property changer.
clipboard should be the duplicator because copy and paste clipboard
the wrench being a wrench would be fine imo

here have some ideas i guess

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:13:48 PM by two and a half limericks »

I have an idea, but in text form

Sledgehammer is the wand, ignoring brick support, while a mallet and chisel is the hammer, carefully destroying bricks. But I still think bloo's concept is the best.

if the game is going to have a signature build, it may sound weird, but...

it should be one of those rainbow walls that keep appearing

for nostalgic purposes

once the game is finished
lol, yeah the rainbow brick walls were an easy way to demonstrate brick colors and physics. But, they can definitely be featured as a build for nostalgia purposes. =)

Also, the contest will be ending in less than 3 hours. So if anyone has a design to submit, please do so before then.