Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232180 times)

How many bricks can the game support before hitting memory issues? I'm guessing all the bricks have combined meshes
The game is no where close to being optimized, so I think it's a bit early to answer that. Last I checked, I was able to get 2,500 bricks on screen at once with hardly any issues. But, will do more extensive stress tests once more optimization techniques are added.

Eventually, I should be able to get the brick system to be very close, if not, exactly as efficient as Blockland handles it. Right now, yes bricks are combined into a single mesh. But, later on I'll add adjacent brick face occlusion, make some changes to the brick mesh handler / octrees to take full advantage of frustum culling, implement occlusion culling (i.e. hiding bricks behind other bricks - once I buy the full version of Unity), and possibly add other techniques like distance culling. You'll also have the option to toggle shader options, as an additional way to improve the game's performance.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 01:56:35 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

will it be free for BLF users <3

that would kinda be unfair for other people ya know

that would kinda be unfair for other people ya know
BLIP is just Blockland Gold 2

"will I get this completely separate game for free?"

$20 is not that much money you loving friend

$20 is not that much money you loving friend

that's two blocklands, and maybe a bit less than the average spendings of a p2p roblox player

also its less than minecraft java edition iirc

blockland was 20 dollars before discount

that's two blocklands, and maybe a bit less than the average spendings of a p2p roblox player

also its less than minecraft java edition iirc
i remember at one point the price for minecraft was around 30-35
the lowest i've seen it is 10

Are you going to make a custom vehicle system that allows vehicles to be made out of bricks like that one "buildable vehicles" add-on? Or at least make some kind of support for that kind of thing?

I wish I could release it for free, but I'm putting way too much work and effort into this to do so lol.

Are you going to make a custom vehicle system that allows vehicles to be made out of bricks like that one "buildable vehicles" add-on? Or at least make some kind of support for that kind of thing?
Custom, buildable vehicles are planned for sure.

what if theres a paint brick mode and an actual spraypaint mode that allows you to paint anywhere on (your) bricks

oh my god

what if smallbricks were literally tiny bricks

what if you could toggle brick collision layers with a single key instead of a crapton of brickpacks

what if you could toggle brick textures, so it could either look like a normal brick, or it would be flat textures all around

and an actual spraypaint mode that allows you to paint anywhere on (your) bricks

yes pls