Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 236174 times)

I don't really think the name encompasses the brick-building aspect of the game, for you can "build" with just about any material. On another note, adding -scape to just about anything would make it seem like an environment for a specific thing, and not just a landscape, so I think that's something of note.

Due to people asking if the game will run on their toaster, we've made a hardware survey to find out just how many people have toasters for computers.

Go here for the survey/poll: https://strawpoll.com/zwskzhgb
i bought my pc back in 2016 but it still has some stuffty specs

amd radeon r5 230 graphics card
amd athlon 5150 apu 1.6 ghz
8 gb ram
500 gb storage

my laptop is a 2012 HP pavillion g6 that my dad bought with college loans and i've been using it for 2 years now
i don't think it can run crysis very well but skyrim and the source engine (usually) works like a charm

determining whether or not the game will run well on expired potato computers requires comparing to GSF's computer
but then again a demo will be out soon supposedly so we'll just find out about any optimization problems
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:34:03 AM by simpletonnn »

The name was the most popular choice, as voted on by the Discord community. If anyone has something better in mind, feel free to let us know either here or on Discord.

block party wasn't on the poll... the fix is in... Sad!

block party wasn't on the poll... the fix is in... Sad!
I do like Block Party, but I'm not sure if that accurately conveys what the game is about. It will include building, but many other features as well.

no mac build? hng
A Mac build is planned eventually, but for the mean time we'll release a web-based version.

Also, just stumbled upon Unity's post-processing effects. Currently experimenting with film-quality color grading, ambient occlusion, bloom, motion blur, depth of field, antialiasing and with adding a vignette.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 08:01:23 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Everything looks so blurry with those effects. I feel like I need glasses after that

Bloom, in my opinion, is the best way to ruin a game's visual appearance. Honestly, most post-processing filters are just ugly and annoying to look at anyways.

jesus christ that looks loving terrible

turn down the loving bloom before i go blind

Everything looks so blurry with those effects. I feel like I need glasses after that
Bloom, in my opinion, is the best way to ruin a game's visual appearance. Honestly, most post-processing filters are just ugly and annoying to look at anyways.
I was just experimenting with the effects earlier, that's not what the game will actually look like. Post-processing will be used to clean up rendering, as well as provide more options to mod makers (or used for various game features).

The bottom left one should be the final one

Motion blur does it the worst for me.