Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232222 times)

Stacking 9 million filters on an image doesn't make for good aesthetics.

are you sure?

As long as all of the filters are optional I could care less if they're in the game or not.

As long as all of the filters are optional I could care less if they're in the game or not.
They will be optional; players will eventually be able to toggle them in the graphics options GUI.

Adding anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion, and better color grading does.

The bottom left one should be the final one
Yeah, the 3rd and 4th images were meant to show how rendering itself can be cleaned up with the effects, which were much more subtle.

Also, decided to rename the game to Block Party, due to community request.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 01:21:08 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

woa okay

well, blockparty isnt a taken domain, probably.

can i run this on my grandma's integrated ati xpress 200?

Wasn't there a band called block party

iirc it was someone on these forums who has/had a band named that.

Motion blur does it the worst for me.
Depends on the motion blur really. Nowadays we have per-object motion blur which mimics the way blur works irl and is subtle while adding to the fluidity of everything.

Chromatic Aberration is actually dreadful though and is never good outside of a tiny handful of extremely rare situations.

actually it was called Bloc Party

I was gonna use block party for somethin a while ago and I think it woulda been cool but I didn't feel...... motivated enough, relative to the size of the project, cus nobody cared lol
but it wasn't a game either

I think it's an ok name for this

actually it was called Bloc Party

that's right

hi camel

I don't think asking what year you got your PC is a good way to collect hardware results, I got my PC in 2016 and it's pretty bad.

Minor Update: Decided to bring back Trog's avatar model for the mean time; I thought it would be better for the demo as well. Also fixed the transparency sorting issue by making some changes to one of the shaders - it uses a technique similar to how BL handles it (which is also better for performance):