Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232166 times)

define dedicated
Remaining committed to the game's development, and to making consistent progress over time; anyone who joins the team would be payed based on game sales. Although, anyone who's just looking to contribute (and not become an official dev) is welcome to help as well. A couple members have donated models, graphics, etc., which I really appreciated.

dude when did you steal my phone
Gotta be more careful where you leave it. ;)

I'd like to contribute in the development in any way I can, where can we talk more easily?

I'd like to contribute in the development in any way I can, where can we talk more easily?
Awesome, how about on Discord?

Wish I could help but I only know HTML and how to make add-ons for Blockland (see CRP2, Brick Tessellation, Pixel Events)

This is incredible! I'd love to assist in anyway I can, good luck friend!

Wish I could help but I only know HTML and how to make add-ons for Blockland (see CRP2, Brick Tessellation, Pixel Events)
That's alright, I can always use help with play-testing. I also loved the Brick Tessellation add-on.

This is incredible! I'd love to assist in anyway I can, good luck friend!
Thanks, I'll respond to your PM. =)

Update: Filipe is now helping develop the game as an artist / modeler; Longor is no longer helping with development, but will be offering advice and guidance when needed. I'm also working on recruiting experienced scripters; a few others will also be helping with modeling / music, but also won't officially be on the team. The PC version of BP is currently on hold, however I'm focusing on the mobile game currently.

Speaking of which, Block Party is now mobile! Been making progress with the mobile version of the game, which will be available for Android-based devices and possibly iOS; the UI is still a work in progress. So far you can move around the avatar and look around using virtual joysticks, jump and toggle 1st / 3rd person. Eventually you'll be able to fly, lay prone, build and modify builds. I'll also be looking into multiplayer in the near future.

>mobile build
>"we cant build for mac right now sorry"

hmmmm (jk that looks rly nice for android. how well does it run?)

i've gathered a bunch of experience with C# in the last four months of working with unity. If you ever develop a solid, dynamic scriptable interface for in-game stuff for weapons or items, bricks, etc, i'd be happy to help. Until then it would probably be too unsafe to have random people contributing spaghetti code into such a large project, unless you're ready to dedicate a bunch of resources to unit test and pass each new contribution to make sure it works well with your current code

Making a custom scripting language is pretty easy with the use of Reflection classes like methodinfo, but it does cost a lot of time and money to dedicate a whole dynamic system. I'd suggest buying the dynamic C# asset no IOS support
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:43:14 PM by thegoodperry »

>mobile build
>"we cant build for mac right now sorry"

hmmmm (jk that looks rly nice for android. how well does it run?)

i've gathered a bunch of experience with C# in the last four months of working with unity. If you ever develop a solid, dynamic scriptable interface for in-game stuff for weapons or items, bricks, etc, i'd be happy to help. Until then it would probably be too unsafe to have random people contributing spaghetti code into such a large project.
I thought you were serious at first, lol. =P Thanks, it's running at an excellent framerate so far; I'll record a video of it soon (kinda hard to do with a mobile device though).

Great, I appreciate it. I was working on a datablock system for weapons, players, bricks, etc. at one time. If development for the PC version starts up again, I'll work on finishing how items and other objects are handled.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:49:50 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I thought you were serious at first, lol. =P Thanks, it's running at an excellent framerate so far; I'll record a video of it soon (kinda hard to do with a mobile device though).

Great, I appreciate it. I was working on a datablock system for weapons, players, bricks, etc. at one time. If development for the PC version starts up again, I'll work on finishing how items and other objects are handled.
If? Please don't give up on the PC version..

If? Please don't give up on the PC version..
I'm still planning on finishing the PC version eventually. For the mean time however, I'll just be focusing on the mobile game; I may still work on the PC build off and on.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:18:07 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

But the PC is the most used platform...

oof

that changes pretty much everything
I don't imagine many people are here for a phone game

But the PC is the most used platform...
oof

that changes pretty much everything
I don't imagine many people are here for a phone game
If the community is still interested in the PC version, I'll continue working on it. I'm just not confident I can get the more technical aspects of the game finished by myself; hopefully I can get another scripter / programmer on board later on to help with that.

Btw, I'm currently adding multiplayer support.

this game would suck on mobile tbh, since mobile's controls suck unless you have a controller

If the community is still interested in the PC version, I'll continue working on it. I'm just not confident I can get the more technical aspects of the game finished by myself; hopefully I can get another scripter / programmer on board later on to help with that.

Btw, I'm currently adding multiplayer support.
I'll do it