Author Topic: older blockland user check-in.  (Read 169084 times)

I've updated the list now, and I'm incredibly happy to see so many people saying hi. Big thanks to snot for forcing suggesting some older users stop by and say hi.

i'm ancient but i'm not inactive, can i say hi?

First post wassup
it's funny because nobody noticed this guy's blf account is from 2009

First post wassup

After so many years, what finally made you want to get a key?

Oh hey I been here since '08

Coming to say hi! Been playing more often recently.

Mike checking in. Some of you may remember my many great builds, like butt2mouf.  :cookieMonster: Anyways, if any of you do remember me, let me know. Started playing blockland over a decade ago. Bought retail the second day of release, id 299 lol. Had some great memories, met some great people. Sumz, Storeclerk, Ronin, Barnabas, Adio, Otis, Flyguy, Snot, Hamburger, and sooo many others. Good times.

Anyways, I'm not as fat anymore. Lost about 80lbs. I've been married for almost 4 years and just bought my first home. I work for an architecture firm in Michigan. And I still suck at grammar and typing.

It's cool the see what you guys are up to :D

Edit: also thanks ronin
edit edit: holy stuff, reading through this thread. Lalam, MLD, all the old friends  :panda: hope you guys are doing well
Holy stuff Mike!  Glad to see you're doing well! 

Heya.

College is dropping my sanity, but still alive and kicking.

this topic is like a beacon for all blocklanders, jesus

i'm ancient but i'm not inactive, can i say hi?

get off my lawn you damn kids

I forgot to answer the question posed at me in OP.

how's life been treating you and
I finally finished college in the spring and am now working full time. Computer science woo.

do you play the game anymore?
Not really. Sometimes I hop on when others I know are playing, but that was probably one of the big reasons I stopped initially. The community continued to grow and grow while everyone I knew and loved started to move on to other games. I also played a lot of Garry's Mod. It kinda overshadowed BL as a creative tool for me (due to wiremod). The loss of maps took a huge toll on me personally because I've been playing since 2005, I need to be in that bedroom.

ITT: claiming old user privs when you started as a wee lad on a phisher price baby's first Dell desktop
Actually it was a hp Windows xp