Author Topic: abandoned ramp addon? "ramps unleashed"  (Read 3646 times)

i came across this image

together with this .blend file
http://files.dataorb.net/blockland/resources/Blockland%20Brick%20Ramps%20Unleashed.blend

while searching for more ramp addons, but i could not seem to find an actual addon.
any idea who owns this or if the addon exists? or if possible, could someone make this into an addon?

this is incredible and yes one could easily export it all as bricks assuming the textures are already properly uv mapped and such

or if possible, could someone make this into an addon?

this is a request, not a question

this is a request, not a question
He's confirming that the request is possible and if it's a request, it should be in Suggestions & Requests.

eh whatever

the real tedious part is if this wasnt textured, and the collisions will be tedious af

He's confirming that the request is possible and if it's a request, it should be in Suggestions & Requests.

i posted there but i dont think that part of the forum gets any traffic

Demian was working on these a while ago. He became less active on the forums after he had to do his mandatory service in the army. You should shoot him a PM, though

while searching for more ramp addons, but i could not seem to find an actual addon.
any idea who owns this or if the addon exists? or if possible, could someone make this into an addon?
Creator of said models chiming in. I originally made these in 2011 for fun because the shapes were simple and like you felt that there wasn't enough variety. I never made them into bricks because at the time I did not know how to create ramps and as far as I know no one else has utilized the models either probably because they lack UVs which is the difficult part in making ramps.

However since then I have released the Blender BLB Exporter which could be used to automatically create UVs for the ramps (that will look perfect after some manual tweaking which could also be automated) and export all of the bricks in one go. Port has also made a fancy new DTS exporter for Blender which could be used for exporting the DTS collision models though it does not seem to support batch exports so you'd have to individually export each brick. I really don't feel like putting in the time and effort to do this since I don't play the game anymore.

Demian was working on these a while ago. He became less active on the forums after he had to do his mandatory service in the army. You should shoot him a PM, though
Aye, 6 years is quite a while ago. My activity had already dropped a lot before my military service in 2014. Essentially real life just caught up, I feel my free time is better spent on improving my art, design, and programming skills in addition to working on any of the numerous projects of mine rather than creating content for a game I no longer play. Even so I have been infrequently checking the forums for about 5 years whereas I only played the game for roughly 3 years. That's the curse of Blockland (Forums?): once you really get into it you never truly leave.

Ps. A private message is actually a good way to reach me eventually, I tend to check the forums once a month or so.

Edit: I started working on adding batch DTS export capability to the BLB exporter so I guess that's gonna be released within a few weeks.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 01:32:00 PM by Demian »

My activity had already dropped a lot before my military service in 2014.
I always wondered whered u go
tervetuloa takas

why wasn't it released this is genius

why wasn't it released this is genius
I never made them into bricks because at the time I did not know how to create ramps and as far as I know no one else has utilized the models either probably because they lack UVs which is the difficult part in making ramps.

I always wondered whered u go
tervetuloa takas
I didn't come back because
-- you never truly leave.

By spinning a dreadful monotonous task into an interesting programming problem I have managed to trick my brain into thinking this is a good way to spend the few free hours I have in my day so I guess I'll make the ramps into add-ons then*. I might also add a few extra/take requests once I get the pipeline working because why not. Servers gotta spend those datablocks somehow and I seem hell bent on making sure I get all of them. Might as well gobble up another 200. Do be aware that like with most of my add-ons, it'll be done when it's done. (Feel free to check the dates on the old threads linked in my doors release thread.)

*Provided I get the automatic UV fixing working.

hope you figure it out! welcome back (sic) to hell

I didn't come back because
By spinning a dreadful monotonous task into an interesting programming problem I have managed to trick my brain into thinking this is a good way to spend the few free hours I have in my day so I guess I'll make the ramps into add-ons then*. I might also add a few extra/take requests once I get the pipeline working because why not. Servers gotta spend those datablocks somehow and I seem hell bent on making sure I get all of them. Might as well gobble up another 200. Do be aware that like with most of my add-ons, it'll be done when it's done. (Feel free to check the dates on the old threads linked in my doors release thread.)

*Provided I get the automatic UV fixing working.
welcome to programming hell