Poll

which gun would you like introduced first?

m4
13 (36.1%)
ak
23 (63.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: 1.6 - Counter-Strike in Blockland (need beta testers and vps)  (Read 18077 times)

"Spray and pray."

Discord
What is this?
This is a remake of the classic Counter-Strike 1.6 for Blockland with it's own twist, play as a Terrorist or Counter-Terrorist and battle on unique maps to rescue hostages or plant bombs. We are currently looking for people to join development to finish this server/gamemode. If you are interested please PM me your discord or steam.

Gamemodes
Defusal (de)
Description: The Ts have to plant the bomb at one of the two sites designated by the map maker, the CTs have to stop the bomb from being planted or defuse the bomb if it already is.
Win Conditions: Elimination, Timer (CT), Bomb defused (CT), Bomb exploding (T)
Maps: de_monument
Hostage Rescue (cs)
Description: The Ts have to guard the hostages and prevent the CTs from rescuing them, the CTs have to help the hostages escape.
Win Conditions: Elimination, Timer (T), Hostages rescued (CT)
Maps: none
Assassination (as)
Description: A classic gamemode, the Ts have to kill the VIP, the CTs have to help the VIP escape.
Win Conditions: Elimination, Timer (T), VIP escape (CT), VIP dies (T)
Maps: as_siena

Maps
Description: An assassination map set in Italy, features large open areas and various unique parkour tricks with an interesting layout and playstyles.
Layout (placeholder):

Made by: Jechii
Description:(WORK IN PROGRESS!!!) A more by the books map set in the Middle East with tight corners and open sites, pretty scenery, and a lot of paths to choose to outsmart your enemies, play careful, as every spot has it's own weakness. Also you can bounce nades off the statue's face which is pretty cool.
Layout: (coming soon)
Made by: celau, Geben/Meth, Jechii, Charles

Gallery (coming soon)

Mapmaking
How to submit your map:
1 - Choose your gamemode you want to make (defusal, assassination, hostage)
2 - Make the map with the modter bricks and textures (prints)
3 - PM a zip with the save file (and any extra add-ons you used in it) to celau (me) on the forums

Requirements:
- Designated spawn areas for the Ts and CTs
- Plays balanced
- Is finished, with functional gameplay possible, no way to escape the map or break immersion, and no map-breaking glitches
- Defusal: 2 bomb sites
- Hostage: Designated hostage recovery and spawn
- Fits the theme of the server
- Is not too small or large
- Comes with the save file for the map
- Little to no bricks that aren't modter

Credits n Stuff
- Celau (Models, Mapping, Scripting, Art) (DEV)
- Jechii (Sounds, Mapping, Scripting) (DEV)
- Geben/Meth (Textures, Mapping) (DEV)
- Kidalex (Textures, Models) (DEV)
- Elm (Scripting) (DEV)
- Simba (Scripting) (DEV)

- Charles (Mapping, Moral Support, Beta Tester)
- Goldtits (Beta Tester)
- Blockhead31735 (Beta Tester)
- Khaz (Beta Tester)
- ZeUberMedic (Beta Tester)
- Verification (Beta Tester)
- c[_] (Beta Tester)
- Sugar (Beta Tester)
- Falco (Beta Tester)
- Rekalulous (Beta Tester)
- Erjon (Beta Tester)
- Twix/Kugelblitz (Beta Tester)
- NotBomberGuy (Beta Tester)
- and probably much more helpful un-named testers

i'm gonna add more stuff here soon i think
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 06:30:42 PM by celau »

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:41:29 AM by celau »

Very nice! When will this be hosted?

Very nice! When will this be hosted?
can't say really, we're still way too early to call any release date and we really need some good modellers and coders on board to make a reasonable finish time in the near future

we're always hard at work though (mostly) so it's probably going to be hosted sometime in the coming weeks-months

we also need a dedicated hoster

we also need a dedicated hoster
If i somhow manage to get my ubuntu server working i can pretty much provide hosting for free.

If i somhow manage to get my ubuntu server working i can pretty much provide hosting for free.
if you could do that that would be great considering we're all broke ass teenagers

I always prefer maps to be built with bricks, but I know that takes time and I'm assuming this is more about the mechanics and gameplay. I look forward to this nonetheless.

EDIT: In fact, if you're considering making this out of bricks I'd be willing to assist. As long as doing so wouldn't be a one-man project.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 08:17:37 AM by Skoldpadda »

This is a remake of the classic Counter-Strike 1.6 for Blockland with it's own twist

What's the twist?

EDIT: In fact, if you're considering making this out of bricks I'd be willing to assist. As long as doing so wouldn't be a one-man project.
I doubt it, it's probably going to be all textures.
What's the twist?
that's classified information

generic progress screenshots

high quality minimap

i was in the mind of making a cs style weaponset for a while but my modeler fell through and i got busy in life. if elm doesnt stay onboard, you can maybe check with me if i have time to fill in his spot

I've been wanting to make a distinctly non-Blockland server for a while now

you beat me to it, damn it

oh god

we need to port actual models from the game or get CS-styled, textured models and weapons