Author Topic: Destiny Megathread - PC Release 24th October  (Read 16855 times)

All the faction armors are ugly or boring for Hunters. Nice. Especially FWC.
But WFC has all the god roll weapons? At least they did in Destiny 1.

But WFC has all the god roll weapons? At least they did in Destiny 1.

Rolls dont exist in D2. Right now the big "competitor" for good guns is The Number from FWC, which is basically an alteration of Uriels Gift or The Prosecutor. But ultimately most of the faction weapons right now aren't really worth noting.

PC release boys! Played about 3 hours and got to level 7 (75 power), super well optimised game too I feel. To add, the PC division of the Destiny 2 Reddit clan is almost 70% levelled up!

I'll need to update the OP eventually

I'm trying to dupe my PS4 Hunter to my PC Hunter. That means fully upgraded all subclasses (I main the Nightstalker), getting the Stompies exotic boots as well as the full Optimacy armor set, and then a Scout/SMG/Merciless combo. Sitting at 12/124PL and Gunslinger unlocked. Once I hit Level 16, the Nightstalker artifact should be a guaranteed drop and then comes one of the longest grinds in the game.

BTW, highly recommend everybody saves 5 Blue or higher Scout Rifles. Trust me on that.

I'm enjoying this a LOT more than the first Destiny. I'm taking my time with the game though so I will play it for longer but I've still rushed to level 15 with 157 power.

The 'Took Offensive' hunter armour set looks so good even without shaders, question is, how do I get it?

The 'Took Offensive' hunter armour set looks so good even without shaders, question is, how do I get it?
Complete strikes, and turn in the Reputation Tokens to Zavala.

us people using older amd processors heavily disagree with that
He's probably using Nvidia. Nvidia optimized the living forget out of D2. Also, from what I can tell from the comments that particular processor is pretty old - but at the same time it worked during the beta. Weird.

Rolls dont exist in D2. Right now the big "competitor" for good guns is The Number from FWC, which is basically an alteration of Uriels Gift or The Prosecutor. But ultimately most of the faction weapons right now aren't really worth noting.
What why? Rolls gave much more reason to grind, and rolls made it so guns that were sub-optimal cause of their stats could be good due to their rolls.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:54:15 PM by Mr. Bones »

He's probably using Nvidia. Nvidia optimized the living forget out of D2.
AMD were claiming a 50% increase in FPS on their newest drivers. The problem is that older AMD CPUs don't have the SSSE3 instruction set, but Bungie is now working on a patch due to go live next week.

What why? Rolls gave much more reason to grind, and rolls made it so guns that were sub-optimal cause of their stats could be good due to their rolls.
I absolutely loving hated the rolls system. I dunno about other people but I often put all the effort in to randomly get a good gun I've wanted for months, only for it to have a bad roll and screw up my Crucible plays.

Rolls were a stupid way to solve the content-drought issue, and I'm glad Bungie's newest changes coming soon are a better way to handle the lack of stuff to do rather than punish players for playing.

AMD were claiming a 50% increase in FPS on their newest drivers. The problem is that older AMD CPUs don't have the SSSE3 instruction set, but Bungie is now working on a patch due to go live next week.
and because of this they're likely getting my expansion money because i can actually play the damn game now. i'm honestly happy enough with how fast they got this hotfix out that i'll overlook this issue.

I absolutely loving hated the rolls system. I dunno about other people but I often put all the effort in to randomly get a good gun I've wanted for months, only for it to have a bad roll and screw up my Crucible plays.

Rolls were a stupid way to solve the content-drought issue, and I'm glad Bungie's newest changes coming soon are a better way to handle the lack of stuff to do rather than punish players for playing.
I'm having the crashing issue as well, but I'm using nvidia. I assume I don't have the SSSE3 thing as well? I was able to boot it fine the first time, was getting 80 FPS, then after I died in the first mission to some explosion it crashed. Now I can't get past the title screen without it crashing/freezing. Is there a patch coming out?

I'm having the crashing issue as well, but I'm using nvidia. I assume I don't have the SSSE3 thing as well?
No, instruction sets are related to the CPU, and if you launched the game successfully then you don't have the AMD CPU bug. Sounds like maybe a cache issue, corrupt file or maybe a GPU driver issue, hard to pin-point exactly though.

Or how about we have a balanced game where RNG doesn't dictate whether or not the fifth gun you got is even worth your while. That stuff is literally gambling logic. How many people actually had a "god roll" Eyasluna? Incredibly few.