Author Topic: B4v21 - AYE Y'ALL IT'S THE FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY  (Read 36799 times)

I assume the boys at the top of the server list are testing v9?

also i forgot to post this on the BLF topic when it happened, but last weekend, we managed to get 19 players at once on my v20 server!

late but...
HEY LOOK GARY! THERE I AM!

Any chance that there's an online server browser but for v20?

Would anyone be interested in me hosting jorgur's dogfight 24/7? I have the save and weapons and such.

Would anyone be interested in me hosting jorgur's dogfight 24/7? I have the save and weapons and such.
yeah it would be really cool if we got more server hosters, we're lacking some atm
Any chance that there's an online server browser but for v20?
http://clayhanson.x10host.com/index.php?a=masterserver

i would be going insane if you could get the map house, that map was one of my favorites, alongside bunker beach

Client_PreventUpdate by Dglider (v19 and below)
Hey I(Dglider) didn't make that.  Check the description.txt
Title: Remove Auto Updater
Author: Plornt

you got thrown under the bus

really? can you also upload your addons? it would be really cool if you had some add-ons that came from the forums, which have been lost forever due to dead download links
thanks so much for the installers!

EDIT: it also would be really cool if you have any pre-v9 add-ons, before the actual add-on zip system was put in place

EDIT2: also, do you have any saves for specific gamemodes? i'd like to host some old gamemodes/servers and it would be great to have an old build to go along with it

I have everything I've ever had in Blockland, so yes. I never saved much of other peoples' stuff and I didn't build much useful myself so I can see what I have of saves but won't promise anything. I'll put some stuff together soon and hopefully toss it on my google drive. I also have no intention of sorting duplicates or anything, so I'm gonna like, just copy out the addons folder from each of my blockland installs and whatnot. I'll compress them and see about file sizes and whatnot though.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I could just dump all post-V9 addons in one folder and that would eliminate duplicates. I'll do that. V8s I won't because who knows what needs what to work. That whole system is a dumpster fire for organization.

EDIT2: Holy forget this nostalgia. We used to use a bow to decollision bricks. My god. I loaded up my first blockland I had just to play around and boy howdy do I miss the fun I had.

EDIT3: Here's stuff. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzbrFVHiIVviaV9iZ3pvRFhXaEU?usp=sharing
The pre V9 addons totaled to 55MB zipped up which is pretty reasonable. I can't promise I have anything useful but it's all there. Post is 239MB, and I noticed I had a lot of models and stuff that I guess downloaded when I joined servers. I probably should've taken them out but whatever. 239 isn't too bad really.

If you need me to dig for anything in specific, or if one of the Post V9 mod's doesn't work, I can see if I have multiple copies in different places or older versions of the same thing that may be working. I will be able to see PMs really quickly compared to me having to check this thread.

I also don't remember the file structure for maps and such and I don't know how much of a pain those would be to export but I do have everything, so idk maybe if you really need them or something. Have fun with stuff though :D I'm glad my data hording came of use!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:39:23 PM by tapemaster21 »

I also don't remember the file structure for maps and such and I don't know how much of a pain those would be to export but I do have everything, so idk maybe if you really need them or something
they're found in base/data/interiors and base/data/missions

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA briefly scrolling through the list of addons in both zips, im really happy to see all of these add-ons!!! there's a lot of addons in the postv9 zip i haven't seen since i installed them on my older computers, which i never backed data off of..
thanks so much! i'l definitely look through the massive list of postv9 addons to add to my server and i'l see if i can make another server on v8 or somethin of all of these older add-ons, this is really cool!
also, yes, i greatly regret not backing up data off of my 2008 and 2009 computers, and honestly the loss of the files on those computers got me into preserving files/data like you have done here. reaaaaaaly cool.
if you have aaanything else, tape, it would be hiiighly appreciated.

if anyone else has an old installation of blockland before v21, it would be cool to upload your addon folder as there's a lot of add-ons that have been lost due to dead forum links, or due to them auto-updating over the years.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:11:15 PM by K3k0m@n »

bumping to say i'm hosting my server on the weekend

bump

I made a tool in v14 that automatically takes pictures of, and replaces the default icons, so that the icons for bricks I make myself match the defaults.

does this work for steam?