B4v21 - AYE Y'ALL IT'S THE FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Author Topic: B4v21 - AYE Y'ALL IT'S THE FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY  (Read 36797 times)

i mean it's a question of choice, people can just choose wether they want to join the v20 community or just stay on v21...
we're not forcing anybody to join.
their point is;
1. new player goes onto main blockland masterserver
2. because some players are on the v20 masterserver, the overall playercount and servers are lower for that new player
3. "this game is dead" thinks the new player as they notice the low playercount and lack of populated servers
4. they leave blockland

if you have two versions of a game available for a relatively tiny amount of people, splitting them up depending on opinions on which version is better and which to host/play on just makes the game look even more dead, for both masterservers.

how is this any different than when it was just normal key users only
i think you two are overreacting

It makes me sad that this is happening, splitting the playerbase is just horrible, then telling new steam players that they should use the older version because it has maps.

I get that you guys miss maps and all of that because I kinda do miss it mainly because of slopes, but just remember that the game still has some bugs and bad optimization, and splitting the playerbase is just a bad idea especially when the playerbase is pretty low. If we had more people like back in the day it wouldn't be as bad.

The fact that the devs on v20 are wasting so much time fixing problems, why is it worth it? What do you even gain from it?

have to agree with this, splitting playerbases is never a good idea

<Not worth anyone's time here because you all don't care about it anyway since you just wanna see solutions and not see what the problem is, pathetic>
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:13:30 AM by Kyuande »

It makes me sad that this is happening, splitting the playerbase is just horrible, then telling new steam players that they should use the older version because it has maps.

I get that you guys miss maps and all of that because I kinda do miss it mainly because of slopes, but just remember that the game still has some bugs and bad optimization, and splitting the playerbase is just a bad idea especially when the playerbase is pretty low. If we had more people like back in the day it wouldn't be as bad.

The fact that the devs on v20 are wasting so much time fixing problems, why is it worth it? What do you even gain from it?
Would have to agree with Kyuande here. Splitting up the community into two halves is going to make the Blockland community feel more dead.

Maps are just part of our childhood memories but by splitting the community isn't going to help the player base in Blockland, it's going to make it worse.

I don't see a possible way of making a balance with having v20 and v21 servers on the same master server. I also don't see who would think splitting up the player base is a good idea.
i believe we may've made a mistake here. if you believe we're telling you 'this is a replacement for v21! abandon v21 right now and move to v20!' you'd be completely wrong - v20 is merely an additive for if you believe v21 has become too boring. it's happened so many times before: b4v21 becomes popular, but in the end everyone moves back to v21 anyway over a week. it's wrong to advertise this as a replacement for v21 because it really isn't, it's just a 'new' thing to try when you feel bored and tired with v21's flat world.
honestly we've been advertising this as a replacement when it really isn't, and i'm very sure it won't sustain a playerbase. when the v21 master server was being ddossed, we got like 30 people coming to us. after that, the master server became empty again. it'l happen again.

bro, if you don't like v21, uninstall Blockland Steam and follow these instructions to play v20 with Steam to play with MILLIONS OF PLAYERS

literally b4v21 has a very rare peak of 16 players or so

stop with the long paragraphs

literally b4v21 has a very rare peak of 16 players or so

stop with the long paragraphs
I am aware that it has a smaller playerbase. I guess you don't get my point either, probably didn't even read it.

So yea, if you want to have more players, then don't split the community.
Have you got any tips on how to do that, or are you just going to sit here and bitch until we stop doing this altogether?

If you don't have any practical advice on how to lessen the community split, stop posting here. Nobody wants to hear about your thesis on exactly how we're splitting it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:45:20 AM by Blocky943 »

i need to play on this again soon

Would have to agree with Kyuande here. Splitting up the community into two halves is going to make the Blockland community feel more dead.

Maps are just part of our childhood memories but by splitting the community isn't going to help the player base in Blockland, it's going to make it worse.

I don't see a possible way of making a balance with having v20 and v21 servers on the same master server. I also don't see who would think splitting up the player base is a good idea.

maybe a seperate launcher could work

like a server browsing addon that works for B4v21 blockland and new blockland

or it could even be a seperate program

Have you got any tips on how to do that, or are you just going to sit here and bitch until we stop doing this altogether?
Don't waste your time fixing older versions that won't get anywhere? You could spend all that advertising in other places and ask people to try the game. Is it really that hard to understand this?

Obvious I am wasting my time explaining this to stubborn people like you. I am no longer wasting my time on this topic about this discussion. Not even worth it.

Don't waste your time fixing older versions that won't get anywhere? You could spend all that advertising in other places and ask people to try the game. Is it really that hard to understand this?

Obvious I am wasting my time explaining this to stubborn people like you. I am no longer wasting my time on this topic about this discussion. Not even worth it.
when you get triggered because some player(s) spent a lot of time working on fixing an older version of blockland so newer players or old players can relive or see how v20 was and play with maps...
smh

maybe a seperate launcher could work

like a server browsing addon that works for B4v21 blockland and new blockland

or it could even be a seperate program

I don't see how v20 people can play v21 servers? A separate program might work for this case?

One of my ideas was to make an addon for v21 that randomly generated a blocky terrain as you move further out.
It would also place a modter version of a map at a specific location where the map maker tells it to go.
The map maker can tell what type of texture and type of stuff that needs to be placed on the modter terrain.

Also I'm fine with players playing v20 maps and I was only giving a warning out of what risk could possibly happen to the player base. I wasn't trying to force anyone to stop playing v20.

your point was dumb