Several Questions: Is "no loopholes" a good rule?

Poll

Ahem! From now on, there will be no loopholes around rules! Do you understand?

Yes, certainly. I agree with this new rule.
16 (43.2%)
Is this rule necessary? I'm confused.
8 (21.6%)
No, that's a stupid rule, get rid of it.
13 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Several Questions: Is "no loopholes" a good rule?  (Read 21200 times)

surprised TF2 didn't get nominated! I voted gmod though, I've had so much fun in that game over the years.

surprised TF2 didn't get nominated! I voted gmod though, I've had so much fun in that game over the years.
i considered nominating tf2 because its impressive how its withstood all this bloat added onto the game all these years

TF2 is pretty dead these days. Maybe not from a players standpoint, but a lot of people have jumped ship by now. Most of the games on the poll are singleplayer games that are the basically the exact same as the day they were released, but TF2 4 years ago and TF2 today are such different games that it's hard to really say if it's good anymore.

i just want a game that plays like tf2 but its not being eviscerated by stuffty business practices and lack of updates

i just want a game that plays like tf2 but its not being eviscerated by stuffty business practices and lack of updates

where there's demand, I'm sure something will eventually come along to replace TF2

yeah the competitive team shooter market is kinda dry right now, but i'm sure there are still people who want to play a game like that. not sure if it's gonna be easy to match the charm of TF2 tho. all the characters are unique and have real personality to them. the meet the x shorts were also a really good way to get people interested in the series and learn more about the characters they're controlling. made it a real special experience. not sure if any other game will be able to recreate that.

yeah the competitive team shooter market is kinda dry right now, but i'm sure there are still people who want to play a game like that. not sure if it's gonna be easy to match the charm of TF2 tho. all the characters are unique and have real personality to them. the meet the x shorts were also a really good way to get people interested in the series and learn more about the characters they're controlling. made it a real special experience. not sure if any other game will be able to recreate that.
thats exactly what im talking about

yeah sucks that there's nothing like that

IT'S TIME TO

DU
DU
DU
DU
DUDUDUDUDUDUEL

For our winners of the preliminary voting, which would be Garry's Mod with 11 votes and Black Mesa with 5 votes! Two enter, only one wins, like every wrestling announcer says! So, who wins?

You may only view the results once you vote, to keep the element of surprise before voting. You may brag about being the first one to vote freely. You may also review the results of the preliminary voting here.

amazing that both source games people chose the most were not developed by valve

amazing that both source games people chose the most were not developed by valve
lmao. that's kinda telling, aint it?

Bump. This final vote needs more time.

Only 20 votes so far, I'm not going to stop there.

The votes were cast! The people have decided! The verdict has arrived!

Garry's Mod is the Best Source Engine Game, and 15 people can attest to that!
Meanwhile, 8 people preferred Black Mesa. What losers.

More such 'elections' will be made on this thread, on different topics.
Intermission period begins to discuss the results of the poll and rant about the people who didn't vote what you prefer.
Next poll will be an ordinary question.

Did Several Questions died? Well, no, seeing as it's bumped with a new question.

As you know, users of usually malicious intent usu- Um, often find a flaw in a rule that allows them to do something that would be prohibited, but due to exact words is passable. This is but one way to create a loophole.

Some people simply punish the person who created the loophole as if they had still broken the rule anyway. Others add the rule that ends all loopholes... which is one other than "Loopholes are Banned!" Now, what do you think about this solution to loopholes?

You can't just say "No loopholes". Because the loophole existing means the original rule was never broken. A loophole is essentially "Not breaking a rule". If you say "No loopholes", then what exactly would define a loophole as a loophole? Would you just say everyone's guilty?
It all depends on where we're defining this rule.
When it's on some internet server, you can typically just ban someone for any or no reason, as long as you write it up in the TOS.
When it's in the law, it's a really bad idea. It's a better idea to just expand on the existing laws. You wouldn't want to get someone in trouble for using a 'loophole' when they're really innocent. At the same time, someone might find a loophole to avoid the loophole law!
So really, it's just bad I guess.