3 (12.5%)
improve sounds
3 (12.5%)
improve balancing/gameplay
4 (16.7%)
add icons and polish code
7 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: OrangeWeps - V0.3 - Kill Icons Added + Other Changes  (Read 11391 times)

OrangeWeps

V0.3
WARNING: This pack is in early development, and is not yet polished. You have been warned.

This pack is a skin of Gravity Cat's special weapons pack made by me and a friend (who asked not to be named). Calling it a skin isn't very realistic, because it contains new weapons, new types of weapons, new emitters, new balancing and new sounds. In fact, almost all of it is unique except for the base code.

Credits

Gear and Gravity Cat - Base code and features from GCat's Special Weps
OrangeMan and Friend - New models, weapons, and changes to the code

Issues
If you find an issue with the mod, please report it to me via this thread.

-As with the original pack this was based on, I can't guarantee this won't mess with stuff, but it hasn't been shown to do that
-Some unimportant files still in the folder
-Discrepancies in sound level between some guns
-Some small issues with the models (namely flipped normals) that I will get around to later

Compatibility
This mod is fully compatible with GCat'sSpecialWeps (to the extent of my knowledge)

Weapons
Pistols:
M1911
Glock-19
Makarov
93R
Rifles:
VEPR
VKS
SR-25
Artillery:
RPG-7
AT-4
NTW20
XM25
Gyrojet
M202 (in development)
Shotguns:
AA12
Super Shorty
SPAS-12
Assault Rifles:
AK47
AKS74U
Galil
M4
M416
QBZ-95
LMGs:
M249
RPK
SMGs:
Uzi

Suggestions
I want to add some more unique weapons to this pack, so I you know of some, please name them here.

Gallery

Changelog
Code: [Select]
-Added kill icons (will make them better looking later, but they work for now).
-Changed weapon prefixes to represent the class of weapon that an item belongs to:
OR: rifle
OE: explosive
OL: light machine gun
OA: assault rifle
OSM: submachine gun
OP: pistol
-Added firing animations for the Super Shorty, G-19 and some other weapons. Also added the plant animation to shotguns to make them "jump" when firing.
-Made the M249 model actually look like an M249, rather than an M4 skin.
-Added the SPAS-12 shotgun, with custom firing animations
-Changed RTB preferance category names, so it won't conflict with GCat'sSpecialWeps addon
-Fixed RPK sound (or lack thereof)
-Fixed the messed up galil sound (apparently torquescript doesn't like stereo sound)
-Added the following weapons:
          93R - Burst fire pistol with blowback animations
          Makarov - 8 round Soviet pistol
          Gyrojet - A semi-automatic carbine that shoots explosive round (basically a joke gun, but still cool.)
          M202 FLASH - Napalm rocket launcher. this weapon is not really finished, so its not turned on right now. If you want to enable it, add this line to the end of the server.cs file
exec(m202.cs);
-Slowed down the Uzi's rate of fire, and improved its sound to make it less earrape-y
-Fixed some other sounds
-Made magazine color for most weapons darker
-Corrected some improper normals
-Changed colors and added some details to models, mostly the M21 (Now named the SR-25)
-Made placeholder kill icons

Download
V0.3 - https://www.mediafire.com/file/i0l6xm5ft9e9pkf/Weapon_OrangeWeps.zip
Older Versions:
V0.2 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/y8ao3vbx8er0wb9/Weapon_OrangeWeps.zip
V0.1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/9hyu5767nawyd0h/Weapon_OrangeWeps.zip

It is highly recommended that you turn particle and texture settings to "best" before using this mod. It is also recommended that you use limited ammo (in the blockland glass/rtb settings tab) to ensure balanced play.

Right now there is an exploit in this pack, in that you can drop a weapon and pick it back up to replenish its ammo without reloading. To avoid this, please use one of the following add-ons to prevent non-admin or in-minigame item dropping (they're also generally important things to have in a polished DM or TDM)

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=98192.0
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=238536.0
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=91725
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:18:47 PM by OrangeMan² »

These are awesome and just what I needed for my server, thanks for creating them!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 12:26:45 PM by Shroom »

I found this when spawning in, I know they are in Alpha, as you said, but just to let you know.

Players might find that annoying if they find that each time they load up the game.

Sorry for so many posts, but also Try creating your own version of a Riot Shield? That would be awesome.

I found this when spawning in, I know they are in Alpha, as you said, but just to let you know.

Players might find that annoying if they find that each time they load up the game.
yeah thats just due to a lack of kill icons. Since it wont cause any real problems im not going to focus on it for now.

Can you guys do me a favor and test the RPK and see if it has working sound? I tried it on a different installation of blockland and i couldnt hear a thing

Yeah, RPK Has its sounds fully working.

Edit: Sounds B0SS

Edit2: If you're able to, The ammo numbers look a bit misplaced, maybe put them at the bottom of the screen?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:30:16 PM by Shroom »

But, these aren't orange!
I want orange weapons!

yeah thats just due to a lack of kill icons. Since it wont cause any real problems im not going to focus on it for now.

Id call red warning text on your screen a top priority to fix. Looks really bad for the quality of your addon.
Just have the weapons link to a placeholder CI.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:10:01 PM by Mr.Noßody »

for me it's a must have since it has the AA12 >:DD
really cool dude

nice but the white mags look kinda gaudy
id suggest a darker grey or somethin