Windows should have....what feature?

Author Topic: Windows should have....what feature?  (Read 6310 times)

A shortcut key for sending files to a compressed folder. Wouldn't it be lovely to highlight a group of files and hit something like alt-z to auto-pack those files into a .zip? You'd think they would have added something like this by default, but nope.

Right Click -> Send To -> Compressed/Zipped Folder = Annoying

anything you think windows should have by default?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:14:07 PM by Goth77 »

you can make this an item in the context menu with regedit. use Bing and find it

also if you install 7zip or winrar you'll have an option for it too
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:59:13 AM by Steve5451² »

you can make this an item in the context menu with regedit. use Bing and find it

also if you install 7zip or winrar you'll have an option for it too
I have 7zip and I use that on my PC, but it would still be nice if windows just had a default shortcut key for this action.

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=2856.0
I don't understand what your getting at here....

It's not ambiguous, it's me asking you guys what you think windows should have by default

It's not ambiguous, it's me asking you guys what you think windows should have by default
"Windows should have...." is a pretty ambiguous clickbaity topic title

"Windows should have...." is a pretty ambiguous clickbaity topic title
Oh, I see a few of those then

Quote from: Off Topic Page 1
what in the almighty name of forget is this thing i found in my bathtub
Quote from: Off Topic Page 2
website help
Quote from: Off Topic Page 3
Okay uh look
Quote from: Off Topic Page 4
weird pc audio bullstuff help me

So instead of complaining, why don't you actually just go along with it and post something you think should be in windows by default? Something you might find useful or neat?

thought the title was "Women should have..."  Lmao ( means laughe my asse off )

Oh, I see a few of those then

So instead of complaining, why don't you actually just go along with it and post something you think should be in windows by default? Something you might find useful or neat?
Uh, it's a rule, that's why it was linked, it wasn't for his health. Just because other topics do it doesn't mean you should either. That's pretty ridiculous how you people think like that. It's still ambiguous and you can still possibly get banned for the title (see help topics, people have gotten warns and bans before).

Windows should have no ambiguous directory filenames

windows should have killed apple when they had the chance

Fast command prompt and notepad shortcuts.

Fast command prompt and notepad shortcuts.
pretty sure you can easily create those shortcuts to the desktop if anything (if you meant key presses my bad)

for cmd you can just press Windows Key + R and then type "cmd", then enter - boom

windows should have killed apple when they had the chance

Fast command prompt shortcuts.
hold shift while right clicking a folder to quickly start cmd there

(along with other extra things)