These false reviews need to stop.

Author Topic: These false reviews need to stop.  (Read 14943 times)

There is a size limit to workshop and steam can ban your entire account for copyrighted material

There is a size limit to workshop and steam can ban your entire account for copyrighted material
then just dont use it?
its always nice to have options, look at stuff like og skyrim and how it has both nexus and the workshop

isn't steam workshop a watered down version of RTB?

You don't really need steam workshop if you know how to drag and drop files.
The truth is. Probably anyone interested in modding knows how to drag and drop files.

The problem being that most of our new players come from steam and don't even know that there's files to drag and drop in the first place.

isn't steam workshop a watered down version of RTB?

You don't really need steam workshop if you know how to drag and drop files.
no, and a steam workshop is a helluva lot more convenient than dragging and dropping files
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:12:40 AM by Maxwell. »

no, and a steam workshop is a helluva lot more convenient than dragging and dropping files

Not really, there is a file size limit and you risk getting your account banned for stupid stuff.

The problem being that most of our new players come from steam and don't even know that there's files to drag and drop in the first place.

If people aren't smart enough to download mods without workshop that's not blockland's fault.

back in V8 you had to actually put textures in the texture folder, sounds in the sound folder, etc. You also had to make sure that specific add-ons didn't have textures that shared the same loving name or they would overwrite.

Now we just have .rar files you can copy and paste in the add-on folder and it makes things much easier.

If people aren't smart enough to download mods without workshop that's not blockland's fault.

back in V8 you had to actually put textures in the texture folder, sounds in the sound folder, etc. You also had to make sure that specific add-ons didn't have textures that shared the same loving name or they would overwrite.

Now we just have .rar files you can copy and paste in the add-on folder and it makes things much easier.
I'm well aware of how things used to be. In v0002 you had to manually write in the exec code for mods, which didn't even have an add-ons folder.
They also aren't rar files. And my point wasn't that they aren't smart enough to download them. They probably don't even know that mods even exist in the first place, let alone going and looking for them on third party sites.

Not really, there is a file size limit and you risk getting your account banned for stupid stuff.
I'm sure the file size limit is within reason, because I've seen some pretty big mods for games. Maybe it's something that's set per game really. As for the getting banned thing, I haven't heard anything of it. Any examples?

I always found this mindset funny. Why did Badspot change how add-ons work in v9? It wasn't Blockland's fault that people were too STUPID to figure out how they work!!!

Why even bother with an add-ons system at all? Do what Antibirth did to Isaac Rebirth, hook into the game's exe with a dll just to do simple things. Hell, it took them 2 years to do what they did, that's nothing to us intellectual folks! :cookieMonster:this is sarcasm btw

If you dont want new players in the community just say so. Forcing people to learn how to drag n drop files is a horrible idea, especially when some users arent super techy and just want to play a damn game that has a workshop with easy clicks. My irl friend doesnt know anything about drag n drop but he does know about workshops. He doesnt really understand how to do this kind of stuff so its challenging to teach him. So forcing people like him to learn how to drag n drop will make them not want to play the game.

Doesnt matter how stupid this sounds, it is how the way it all works. People just want to play games.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:15:47 AM by Kyuande »

Forcing people to learn how to drag n drop files is a horrible idea, especially when some users arent super techy

I know old people that still use a windows 95 that know how to drag and drop.

I know old people that still use a windows 95 that know how to loving drag and drop.
I doubt that, youre just saying that for the sake of it. Everyone has different ways to learn things. Like I said, people just want to learn how to play a game, not to mess with files.

i had to explain to someone how to install addons who had no loving clue how files worked and i nearly killed myself both in blockland and in real life due to this guy's zero knowledge of how files worked. i had to explain to him that he had to right click to rename files because his files had the (1) stuff windows puts on when theres a file with the same name as another. having a system like the workshop which removes the need to even drag and drop one addon will be really loving good and expose a lot more users to blockland mods.

I doubt that, youre just saying that for the sake of it.

I'm literally not.

Holding down a file and moving it is basic stuff. Even the least "tech savvy" person alive would eventually figure it out when they spazz out with the mouse and accidentally move a file.

Holding down a file and moving it is basic stuff. Even the least "tech savvy" person alive would eventually figure it out when they spazz out with the mouse and accidentally move a file.
That is because you know how to do it. Of course it sounds simple..

Me and Gy have talked to several people about a 'simple' task and it is hard to teach them. Again you want to force people to learn how to drag n drop which is a stuffty thing to do. Not everyone can figure things out easily. You just think that a simple task everyone can figure out.

Implementing a workshop will bring more people in that cannot figure out the drag n drop task you call ""simple""

I would think the average PC gamer would know how to move a file to a folder but okay.