These false reviews need to stop.

Author Topic: These false reviews need to stop.  (Read 14928 times)

I don't understand why you think how easy it is to drag and drop files is even relevant to this discussion. It doesn't matter how superior you feel to people who cannot do this. When you run a business, especially in selling games, you cater to stupid people. Steam Workshop will help these stupid people at least realize that modding exists. Once they realize modding exists, they have a greater chance of staying in our in-game community. Then once they start asking where to get things that aren't on the workshop, they get linked here or to Glass. They start to realize that yes, they can just drag and drop files.

If you personally don't like Steam Workshop, don't use it. Simple as that. But you cannot argue that it wouldn't help the game. You can only argue that people are dumb. You're right. People are dumb. But those dumb people have money and time to spend here.

I would think the average PC gamer would know how to move a file to a folder but okay.
Yea well you shouldnt assume that, you want to make things easy to customers as much as possible. Not stupidly difficult.

Pretty much sums up with what Shift said.

I understand it helps people out more but the mod process is already streamlined and dumbed down as it is.

I don't understand how someone can't figure out how to drag a .zip file into a folder.

Of course you wont because you never had that problem before. You would know how difficult it is if you were stuck in it before.

Of course you wont because you never had that problem before. You would know how difficult it is if you were stuck in it before.

You're right because I knew how to drag and drop since windows 95.

I remember the old days, back when you had to enter 1s and 0s into the game by hand to install an add-on

Even Khan's father in law knows a basic grasp of drag and drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nyn0k1Btns

Back to the steam discussion point (since tony's just memeing/repeating his workshop posts)

Leaving aside the problem of having two forums, steam forum moderation is basically impossible because you have to have at least one board open to all steam users - which means insane people just make alt accounts forever.
Just don't moderate, or get someone else to do it. The pinned topic spam looks absolutely awful, there's already a pinned topic in the next page that links to the official forums, that should be enough.

is there not something that lets you lock the forum?

Glad I am not the only one who thinks that's handicapped, what the hell was even going through greek's head?

Not really, there is a file size limit and you risk getting your account banned for stupid stuff.
I think you're just fear mongering, and if by file size limit you mean the unquoted stat of 100mb (it can go well over this now), then I've yet to see a single blockland addon take up 1/8th of that space.

Glad I am not the only one who thinks that's handicapped, what the hell was even going through greek's head?
except it wasn't handicapped
it's practically impossible to moderate steam forums, so it's better to just let people know beforehand that it's not an official forum so people don't use it thinking it's the real deal

except it wasn't handicapped
it's practically impossible to moderate steam forums, so it's better to just let people know beforehand that it's not an official forum so people don't use it thinking it's the real deal
so why not, say, one pinned topic titled "THESE ARE NOT THE OFFICIAL FORUMS"

so it's better to just let people know beforehand that it's not an official forum

It only takes 1 pinned topic to say this.