These false reviews need to stop.

Author Topic: These false reviews need to stop.  (Read 14602 times)

Its clear that the community wants this game to thrive and contuniue, which brings my question: Why doesnt badspot just hand the game off to someone else? Someone trusted?
Someone who actually wants to work on the game. Who isnt really busy with other things.
Because there's many problems with that.

1. Badspot makes money off the game. He wouldn't be willing to part with that for obvious reasons.
2. No one is going to offer enough money for him to sell the game to them. Anyone would see that it's more practical to start their own project than to fork over a bunch of money.
3. No one is going to help work on it for free. And if anyone says they do, it's usually someone who isn't very trustworthy.
4. Badspot probably doesn't make enough from the game to hire someone to work on it for him.

Would love to see Steam Workshop integrated into the game. I know people here generally say HELL NO to that, but I feel it would help players who only know the game from Steam, and would make things more organised. It would also be the only true official listing of add-ons.
I don't see why people are so against it. It's not like we're moving absolutely everything over there. We're still going to be fully capable of using the forums, Blockland Glass, and the workshop all at the same time. And a lot of the issues that people bring up are like, game specific stuff. No, if people remove a workshop item, it doesn't automatically purge the thing from your folder. Specific games are just handling it like that. All of the security issues are also present on every other platform we distribute from. There's been backdoors and exploits posted on the forums. There's been backdoors and exploits posted on RTB. There will probably be some posted on Glass. There's definitely some posted on people's third-party clan forums. Why is it suddenly an issue brought up for workshop?

And yeah, there's probably people who don't look deep enough to realize that the game is actually moddable in the first place.
Hell, glass could probably even be updated to catalog the workshop and let us download that stuff from in-game, maybe.

Honestly, if we got B4v21 awareness out there, this stuff would probably fix itself. But in the mean time we just have to deal with pissy 10 year olds.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:45:23 PM by Mr. Opioid »

Honestly, if we got B4v21 awareness out there, this stuff would probably fix itself. But in the mean time we just have to deal with pissy 10 year olds.
Yeah good idea. Split the small community, forego 32 updates, and completely alienate the steam community because v20 can't authenticate through steam.
That would be great. That'll help the steam reviews. By cutting them off completely.

All because people want big looping terrains because that seems to be the only thing they want to play on.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 06:17:13 PM by Zotron »

its heartwarming seeing everyone care for Blockland so much but the truth is Badspot could give less of a forget
he could? so theres still hope?

its heartwarming seeing everyone care for Blockland so much but the truth is Badspot could give less of a forget
if badspot didnt care he wouldnt have bothered getting a new server when the forums died a while back

if badspot didnt care he wouldnt have bothered getting a new server when the forums died a while back
the fact badspot doesnt give a stuff about the game has been confirmed by the man himself. him keeping up the forums is probably just “im a sysadmin” stuff since it probably costs very little, and is pretty much required for the game to actually even possibly sell units since there is literally nowhere else bl content has been posted on over the last decade, and the loss of all that content means guaranteed death of the game

put another way, wanting to leave the game behind at a landfill doesnt inherently mean he wouldnt put the forum/master server back up if it went down. he wont work on this game or put effort into it, but that doesnt mean he’ll abandon it either

Badspot

• Administrator
Leaving aside the problem of having two forums, steam forum moderation is basically impossible because you have to have at least one board open to all steam users - which means insane people just make alt accounts forever. 

As far as solving the review problem - it can't be solved.  We've hit a rich vein of burning autism that can't be extinguished.  Look at the cigarettes in this very thread acting like I've abandoned a child just because I won't play with them literally forever.

There's basically two major classes of negative review:
  • People who played the game for 5 minutes and couldn't figure it out
  • People who played the game for 500+ hours and are mentally ill

There's a few leftovers complaining about corrupted graphics (thanks nvidia), and mac problems (thanks apple).  

I can't really do anything about any of these categories.  My mistake was not charging a monthly fee or implementing microtransaction cancer.  I probably could have bilked the mentally ill for their parent's entire life savings by now and gotten the same number of complaints.  Most of the vocal participants want the game to burn - with them in it.  I don't know if it's like Munchhausen syndrome, or if they want to feel alive by suffering, or if their ego is such that they cant bear to let other people have a game after their done with it, or if it's just arsonist's glee reveling in the power of destruction.  

When you ask people what they want in the game, here's what they tell you:
  • Revert back to version <whatever version was out when they were 12 years old>
  • Bring back maps (so the game will look like it did when they were 12 years old)
  • Implement some incredibly specific feature to satisfy my autism.
  • Implement some never-before-seen technology and overhaul the entire game so it's basically a new game.  Yes, for free please.

People will literally claim that there have been "no updates" since v21 (2012), ignoring dozens of updates because they're expecting an entirely new game - or something.  There's no point in engaging with this.

10 year olds were in kindergarten when maps were removed.  We're not dealing with kids here, we're dealing with man children.  Literal adult baby special interestists. 

Speaking of incredibly specific features to satisfy our autism, can we get a Player::setJumpForce at least, Player::setMass at most?

since you decided to post about this here can you re-explain why theres no steam workshop support for blockland (maybe as of right now)
i feel like youve probably made a statement about this somewhere but im an autistic friend and dont feel like digging it up

I have a feeling he may not reply to these

I have a feeling he may not reply to these
yeah *just* a feeling

isn't steam workshop a watered down version of RTB?

You don't really need steam workshop if you know how to drag and drop files.

isn't steam workshop a watered down version of RTB?

You don't really need steam workshop if you know how to drag and drop files.
well for me at least imo its more convenient and like crispy said
Plus, seeing a very lively modding community with a huge selection of mods would be a very good first impression on new players. Modding is what makes Blockland, why not have the place with the best potential for high activity be used?