These false reviews need to stop.

Author Topic: These false reviews need to stop.  (Read 14705 times)

I see a bunch of reviews like the game is dead, this is not true. Plenty of people still play the game.

There is also bullstuff reviews like "my maps and interiors are gone!" That stuff happened before the steam release. Now people who never heard of blockland will read this review on steam and they'll think features were cut.

Also this stuff on the steam discussion page needs to go. Steam users are going to check out these discussions for questions on whether they should buy the game or not and are bombarded with this bullstuff.

Considering how these forums are private and requires a key how are these steam users suppose to participate here? They can't.

"POSTS HERE WILL BE IGNORED" doesn't exactly invite new steam users.

the pre V21 reviews are bullstuff.

I love Blockland just as much as the next guy but I think we're past trying to fix the reputation the game has on Steam.

I love Blockland just as much as the next guy but I think we're past trying to fix the reputation the game has on Steam.

People upset about v21 pretty much ruined  it.

There's honestly only one thing I've seen ever fix a mixed, decaying game and that's switching to a free to play model. Maybe that's what Badspot's intention was with the hats but I don't think he's going to do anything to fix it.

Let's face it. No one here buys games that have mixed ratings unless a friend explicitly asks you to buy it, or they buy it for you. However, I'm sure a number of you have tried a free to play game that had mixed ratings. Because there isn't much to lose there.

That on top of the fact that 2 hours isn't enough for someone to experience Blockland. They probably pop open some single player stuff and just see the tip of the iceberg that the default game is with no players. Then they go on to join some popular server, which is usually a poor experience for a new player. These super cool fun servers we tend to make and populate don't really present the game's mechanics very well. And that's usually because we're just focused on presenting our own mods' mechanics, for good reason. We're all already very familiar with the game's base mechanics. These people are going to end up refunding the game.

So my proposal:
Free to play
Some sort of microtransaction system
Reward the players who have already purchased
Rework the ID system to compensate for the theoretical end of supply

Could do it similar to TF2, people who already owned the game are 'legacy' members, being able to keep their ID, and getting a special gift. Any members who make a minimal transaction get a new ID as if they'd just bought the game. Any non paying players will have something like their steam ID in place of a BL ID. It'll be a bit harder to moderate servers but we've got quite enough of an active veteran community to establish a baseline for behavior and administration.

As for the forums... Give f2p members their own forum section (general and help, separate from the existing general and help to avoid clutter) and stick a couple of moderators specifically for that section. If someone takes an interest into modding but doesn't want to pay (for some reason), maybe give them special access to posting in S&R, mod disc, and the files category.

The steam reputation will still be stuff. But other f2p games with stuff rep still get new players.

There's honestly only one thing I've seen ever fix a mixed, decaying game and that's switching to a free to play model. Maybe that's what Badspot's intention was with the hats but I don't think he's going to do anything to fix it.

Let's face it. No one here buys games that have mixed ratings unless a friend explicitly asks you to buy it, or they buy it for you. However, I'm sure a number of you have tried a free to play game that had mixed ratings. Because there isn't much to lose there.

That on top of the fact that 2 hours isn't enough for someone to experience Blockland. They probably pop open some single player stuff and just see the tip of the iceberg that the default game is with no players. Then they go on to join some popular server, which is usually a poor experience for a new player. These super cool fun servers we tend to make and populate don't really present the game's mechanics very well. And that's usually because we're just focused on presenting our own mods' mechanics, for good reason. We're all already very familiar with the game's base mechanics. These people are going to end up refunding the game.

So my proposal:
Free to play

Could do it similar to TF2, people who already owned the game are 'legacy' members, being able to keep their ID, and getting a special gift. Any members who make a minimal transaction get a new ID as if they'd just bought the game. Any non paying players will have something like their steam ID in place of a BL ID. It'll be a bit harder to moderate servers but we've got quite enough of an active veteran community to establish a baseline for behavior and administration.

As for the forums... Give f2p members their own forum section (general and help, separate from the existing general and help to avoid clutter) and stick a couple of moderators specifically for that section. If someone takes an interest into modding but doesn't want to pay (for some reason), maybe give them special access to posting in S&R, mod disc, and the files category.

The steam reputation will still be stuff. But other f2p games with stuff rep still get new players.

What do you mean by microtransation system?

What do you mean by microtransation system?
Something for the game to continue making money after forfeiting it's only source of income.

pretty sure its too late to bring the reviews up for blockland as badspot doesnt feel the need to update the game anymore so we're probably gonna be stuck in mixed limbo for the foreseeable future

The steam forums spam absolutely needs to go lol. It seriously makes the game look like it's run by toddlers.

The steam forums spam absolutely needs to go lol. It seriously makes the game look like it's run by toddlers.
this

Its clear that the community wants this game to thrive and contuniue, which brings my question: Why doesnt badspot just hand the game off to someone else? Someone trusted?
Someone who actually wants to work on the game. Who isnt really busy with other things.

Its clear that the community wants this game to thrive and contuniue, which brings my question: Why doesnt badspot just hand the game off to someone else? Someone trusted?
Someone who actually wants to work on the game. Who isnt really busy with other things.

But there is nothing left to update.

The only thing to do now is to make a whole new game from scratch on a new engine.

Blockland 2.

Blockland needs to make more use of Steam's features.

Also this stuff on the steam discussion page needs to go. Steam users are going to check out these discussions for questions on whether they should buy the game or not and are bombarded with this bullstuff.

Considering how these forums are private and requires a key how are these steam users suppose to participate here? They can't.

"POSTS HERE WILL BE IGNORED" doesn't exactly invite new steam users.
I agree 100% with this. The pinned topic spam looks really bad.

So my proposal:
Free to play
There is a small problem, since the game is extremely moddable, someone could just mod in whatever the microtransactions could be. The hats especially, hatmod already exists, any microtransation hats could simply be ported to hatmod. Maybe Badspot realised this, and scrapped this idea.

Would love to see Steam Workshop integrated into the game. I know people here generally say HELL NO to that, but I feel it would help players who only know the game from Steam, and would make things more organised. It would also be the only true official listing of add-ons.

Edit: Plus, seeing a very lively modding community with a huge selection of mods would be a very good first impression on new players. Modding is what makes Blockland, why not have the place with the best potential for high activity be used?

Working with Steam Workshop myself for Isaac Afterbirth+ mods, I would happily put all my add-ons on there.

But there is nothing left to update.
Nice meme.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:23:25 PM by Crispy_ »

content wise i would say yes, i don't know what else you could possibly add besides making some addons default
there are tons of bugfixes that would make me a happy boy though