Good way to lift weights?

Author Topic: Good way to lift weights?  (Read 1162 times)

/title, been trying to work out recently but can't find anything that works for me

make your weights lose weight, then stay the same weight by killing the weights.

Then lift those weights.

don't lift weights, just be like a suburban mom and walk on the elliptical for 15 minutes

what have you been doing and how long have you been doing it for?

also what are you asking, like the proper techniques and forms for lifting? how much to lift? good workout routines?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:47:18 AM by RedGajin »

focus on form first
when you get the form correctly, focus on the reps
when you get all the reps you want, use more weight

Is this a serious request or one of those spam threads?

Yeah this seems to be trending.

Honestly though, if you're looking to get toned, do a set of exercises every day. I don't know how physically fit you are but this is what I do.

• 30 push-ups
  • 1 minute and 30 seconds of leg bicycles
  • 70 crunches
  • 2 minute plank, arms 10 inches apart
  • 70 squats
  • 60 jumping jacks
  • 30 lunges on each leg
That's just without equipment, I have a set of weights I use to and a pull-up bar.
I use the weights to do lawnmowers, ammo-cans, tricep-extensions, and basic curls.

i was meming but i really do need help with exercise routines tho so lol
also what are you asking, like the proper techniques and forms for lifting? how much to lift? good workout routines?
probably the best/most effective techniques so i don't spent a month doing something that doesn't actually help me
Yeah this seems to be trending.

Honestly though, if you're looking to get toned, do a set of exercises every day. I don't know how physically fit you are but this is what I do.

• 30 push-ups
  • 1 minute and 30 seconds of leg bicycles
  • 70 crunches
  • 2 minute plank, arms 10 inches apart
  • 70 squats
  • 60 jumping jacks
  • 30 lunges on each leg
That's just without equipment, I have a set of weights I use to and a pull-up bar.
I use the weights to do lawnmowers, ammo-cans, tricep-extensions, and basic curls.
this sounds good. by plank do you mean that as in upper push-up position? ive seen it a few ways apparently
any suggestions on pullups too, or just do what i can as i get stronger

this sounds good. by plank do you mean that as in upper push-up position? ive seen it a few ways apparently
any suggestions on pullups too, or just do what i can as i get stronger
Yeah, upper push-up position.

If you have a pull-up bar, get on it and start dead hanging. You can have a overhand grip or underhand grip, whichever feels more comfortable and works better. Pull yourself up from the dead hang where your chin reaches above the bar. Congrats, your first pull-up. However, you can not kip or sway to get your chin above the bar, otherwise it doesn't count.

If you can't make a full pull-up or don't have a pull-up bar, find something to latch onto where your feet don't touch the ground, like a ceiling rafter or otherwise. The alternative would be to perform a 90 degree flexed arm hang, so you're not lifting yourself any higher, but you're holding yourself in position, like a plank, but for your arms.

lots of workouts you can find online that are specific to what you’re lookin for. best advice is to make sure you work out regularly and maintain a somewhat constant schedule. working out means nothing without a good diet to accompany it tho, so find some diets that fit your budget/taste