Investing types & Crypto Discussion $$$

Author Topic: Investing types & Crypto Discussion $$$  (Read 32329 times)

Don't worry, still kicking myself. Bought 40 ETH at $10 and sold when it was at $15.50. Thought I made a nice little profit at the time..oh if only I was a patient man.
Yeaaaah I sold at 500$ and now it’s climbing to 530+$
;-;
Oh well

Never forget.
>judging the value of an asset by its price growth over a week
>not seeing that ethereum has a lot more to offer in terms of technology

also to everyone investing in this thread

REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR TAXES, so many people get stuff on by the IRS because they don't realize is is taxable as capital gains.

if you don't want to go to jail for tax fraud, you need to pay tax every time you trade from fiat->crypto, so record those transactions.

if you think you can get away with it, good luck, because all the exchanges have to give customer info by law to the govt

also to everyone investing in this thread

REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR TAXES, so many people get stuff on by the IRS because they don't realize is is taxable as capital gains.

if you don't want to go to jail for tax fraud, you need to pay tax every time you trade from fiat->crypto, so record those transactions.

if you think you can get away with it, good luck, because all the exchanges have to give customer info by law to the govt
I’ve been day trading on Robinhood, what exactly do I have to do so I don’t get beat by the IRS.

Edit: just realized google still exists. Still any advice is welcome

i have no income and have made less than 4 digits, taxes are irrelevant

save 35% at least, see your tax guy expecially if its high dollars.

1) pay your 35%

2) you can be dirty and not claim it hold out for 7 years, if the IRS isnt knocking on your door you are in the clear to spend that 35%.

3) renounce citizenship, move over seas, wait 1 year, then cash out.

4) there are ways to pay less than 35% that are legal, but i have no experience moving/declaring money like that. see a pro.

3) renounce citizenship, move over seas, wait 1 year, then cash out.
i made 80 cents on cryptocurrency and did this.

https://bitcoin.tax/

^ this is a helpful service although you have to pay if its anything above a certain amnt of transactions

my advice if your day trading: just trade non fiat pairs like ETH/(whateverstuffcoin you want) or BTC/(etc), you don't have to report crypto->crypto transactions IIRC

https://my.electroneum.com/countdown.html

30 hours left before my current fav coin officially launches (its already soft launched and been mined and traded on cryptopia for few weeks now)

The hard launch will have phone aps for our phones to mine in, phone pools specifically for them. and some still unannounced partnerships i guess.

Coin only traded on cryptopia @10cents right now but is approved on 4 other exchanges and will prob see it within a week.
The launch may dip because of ICO coin dumps, could be last chance to see it at lower price. There are massive volumes of buy orders that surpass the ICO coins, so even if every ico buyer dumped, it wont be a very dramatic dip.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:00:26 AM by Bisjac »

god i hate coinbase. signed up for gemini (still waiting for identity verification) as soon as i had a transaction cancelled for no reason. i've had to verify my bank account for both withdrawals and purchasing for some reason and now i have to do it again for both but they keep telling me there's an error with the information and they can't verify it

i could buy with my debit card but their fees for that are loving ridiculous. transferring everything as soon as i get the chance

the irs treats cryptocurrencies as property, so all you have to do is report on your taxes whatever the value in USD was when you cashed out

BTC, LTC, ETH, IOT, XLM, VTC checking in

https://my.electroneum.com/countdown.html

30 hours left before my current fav coin officially launches (its already soft launched and been mined and traded on cryptopia for few weeks now)

The hard launch will have phone aps for our phones to mine in, phone pools specifically for them. and some still unannounced partnerships i guess.

phone mining? how much hashing power can a phone even have?