Annoying Orange admin. to reverse ban on elephant trophies from Africa

Author Topic: Annoying Orange admin. to reverse ban on elephant trophies from Africa  (Read 4825 times)

can you elaborate a bit more? i'm having trouble making a line of logic that connects more hunting to more live elephants

unless this is a mcjoke in which case i'm a fool
The countries that elephants inhabit are historically extremely poor. There is very little economic incentive to put away massive swathes of land and resources to protect the ecosystem.

However, when rich people come over to do 'big game hunting', they get to shoot one of many hundreds of elephants (usually ones that are sick, or overly aggressive to the point where they endanger other animals) and they spend ridiculous amounts of money, which gets used to secure more habitat and fight against poaching. The net effect is that one elephant dies but many more are saved.

can we get ivory piano keys at least

honestly trophy hunting does a pretty decent amount of good for conservation efforts
as I guess sev has already said

I think this isn't necessarily a bad decision, as long as the legality of importing them requires that they are proven to be legally obtained, and not poached

yeah my beef is mostly that poachers could potentially have, y'know, a really good reason to poach.

im honestly legitimately surprised at sevenths reaction to this, i wouldve expected him to be upset about this. never thought of it the way he is thinking of it tho
gotta think seventh-dimensionally about this i guess

guys I don't think this is how conservation works
i know this is completely random but the rhythm at which they put their hands on their head almost perfectly fits the tempo of the NFL on Fox theme, which i was listening to when i saw this gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbU4fPYRvcY
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:51:39 PM by Planr »

yeah my beef is mostly that poachers could potentially have, y'know, a really good reason to poach.

I’m worried it becomes “give an inch take a mile”.

You mean besides the money they already make from poaching

im honestly legitimately surprised at sevenths reaction to this, i wouldve expected him to be upset about this. never thought of it the way he is thinking of it tho
a lot of people don't, and just go with a knee-jerk "killing [endangered] animals is bad" sort of reaction
I’m worried it becomes “give an inch take a mile”.
the US doesn't control how much of the trophy hunting is done, that is up to the reserves in africa, and this law (or lack of it) has no real effect on it

You mean besides the money they already make from poaching
i mean if the market for it got however many times bigger, you really think that wouldn't have any effect?

left twitter is going crazy on this lol

i mean if the market for it got however many times bigger, you really think that wouldn't have any effect?

The market isn't increasing

left twitter is going crazy on this lol
left twitter is always going crazy

The market isn't increasing
if it was legal to export to the US then yes. the market would get bigger.

if it was legal to export to the US then yes. the market would get bigger.

no
reread everything jesus

i've already read it. explain to me what i'm getting wrong.