what the forget happened to starbound

Author Topic: what the forget happened to starbound  (Read 7126 times)

I just remember there was some sick movement abilities you could chain to move very fast horizontally, and they added some kind of deceleration damping thing to get rid of it. Completely lost interest because of that and the jarring tonal shift after leaving the first planet and going to space.

i liked pre-1.0 starbound a lot more too

i got 92 hours out of the game so im not gonna complain. i'll just play terraria instead if i'm ever in the mood for one of those kind of games

i remember there being a channel that made starbound vore videos in engrish

i remember there being a channel that made starbound vore videos in engrish

this post wasn't necessary nor is it appreciated

notice how the only ppl who openly defend this money flip garbage are braindead furries
1: yea i wanna be a furry
but 2: if you think that my character being a bird is going to make me enjoy what would otherwise be an unenjoyable game then frankly u r a Fool

what was enjoyable tho

the bland arsenal of weapons? where the only difference was their rolled stats?
the mass amount of useless features? you know, those things that make you go "wow can't wait to never use this"?
the really short progression? just wanted to get to the end of the doing nothingness faster?
the diversity of content being staggered? because apparently certain races only live in the most dangerous climates?
the loving backpack progression system? ah yes... this one does the last thing (not dying over time on x planet) but also a new thing (not dying over time on y planet)! good bye potential of literally any backpack that offers a different function i hope you have fun using those on planets where enemies have 10 health otherwise you're going to instantly loving die?

The only things that were even decent were the boss fights and the building. I can get those same two things in Terraria, except they're done better there too. Plus more of the other problems not existing.
The part that bothers me the most is that Starbound has a lot of systems in place to make things more interesting. Like being able to make armor specialized beyond "this one is the last one but more stats". But they decided to do that anyway.

Even Borderlands had more diverse weaponry and that game was just guns and grenades.

I've got several hours on both. don't like terarria, do like starbound
don't really know what to tell you about why, I just do. but you're not likely to find me playing a game I don't have fun with, regardless of the reasons that some people on the internet think it's better

was better before but fine with mods now
was sad tbh i dont really play it much anymore

what was enjoyable tho

the bland arsenal of weapons? where the only difference was their rolled stats?
the mass amount of useless features? you know, those things that make you go "wow can't wait to never use this"?
the really short progression? just wanted to get to the end of the doing nothingness faster?
the diversity of content being staggered? because apparently certain races only live in the most dangerous climates?
the loving backpack progression system? ah yes... this one does the last thing (not dying over time on x planet) but also a new thing (not dying over time on y planet)! good bye potential of literally any backpack that offers a different function i hope you have fun using those on planets where enemies have 10 health otherwise you're going to instantly loving die?

The only things that were even decent were the boss fights and the building. I can get those same two things in Terraria, except they're done better there too. Plus more of the other problems not existing.
The part that bothers me the most is that Starbound has a lot of systems in place to make things more interesting. Like being able to make armor specialized beyond "this one is the last one but more stats". But they decided to do that anyway.

Even Borderlands had more diverse weaponry and that game was just guns and grenades.
the beta and alpha earlier on showed much more potential and diversity, along with story development. starbound is an example of barely jutting past development hell more than anything.

tbh if you want to play starbound and enjoy it either get a mod that lets you cheat or get frackin universe because frackin universe actually makes the game alot more fun and interesting

tbh if you want to play starbound and enjoy it either get a mod that lets you cheat or get frackin universe because frackin universe actually makes the game alot more fun and interesting
no it doesnt

The game becomes more of a mess with this in. Adding more crafting benches is not always a good idea.

get a mod that lets you cheat
why would you even cheat? to skip the puddle of depth the game has? then what's even left of it?