[Vehicle] Technical / Heavy Machine Gun - Sound Update

Author Topic: [Vehicle] Technical / Heavy Machine Gun - Sound Update  (Read 16531 times)

Technical / Heavy Machine Gun
Improvised mobile heavy weapons platform, popular with insurgents, designed by the CIA

Features:
- Two heavy machine guns, inspired by the DShK and Browning M2, and a modified long-wheelbase jeep to which they can be mounted.
- The DShK and M2 are the same stats-wise and are randomly chosen when a technical/HMG is spawned, but you can force a DShK to spawn every time by putting "DSHK" anywhere in the spawn brick's name, and "Browning" for the M2
- The weapon's accuracy and fire-rate is largely dependent on the heat of the barrel, less heat = faster fire-rate and less spread, more heat = slower fire-rate and more spread
- If the weapon heats up to 100% you will have to wait for it to cool down entirely before firing again
- The barrel will glow red or orange depending on how hot the barrel is

- Ammo: By default the gun will have 150 rounds, and will have to be reloaded when the box runs dry. As you reach the last 4-5 rounds in your magazine, you will be able to tell, as you will no longer see any more rounds come out of the box

Commands:
/technicalMaxAmmo (value) - Set the amount of rounds the box mag holds (default 150)
/technicalCoolingRate (value) - Multiplier value affecting how fast/slow the weapon will cool down (default 1)
/technicalHeatingRate (value) - Multiplier value affecting how fast/slow the weapon heats up (default 1)
/technicalToggleAmmo - Toggles ammo consumption on and off (default enabled)
These settings will persist even after restarting blockland

Download:
Vehicle_Technical.zip
MediaFire mirror

Note:
I'm not fully happy with the quality of this add-on, so you may see some updates on it in the future. There are some known issues (not being able to free-look while mounted to the standalone HMG, the gun disappearing at certain angles in first person, the stand rotating with the standalone HMG) that I'll try my best to look into in the future but for now I've done everything I can wrap my head around. Let me know if you find any bugs or if anything is broken.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 05:21:35 PM by Rally »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL HE AINT MY BOY BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY

DYDDUDUDDUDUDUUDUDDUDUDUDUDUD UDUDUDDUDUAUDA

great work Rally, I have been using the same mounted turret for years but I like this one more!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL HE AINT MY BOY BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY
GAVE AWAY MY POSSESSIONS AND MOVED INTO A CHEVY

On topic: this is a good release.

can you make it so you cant shoot the driver in the back of the head

can you make it so you cant shoot the driver in the back of the head

Probably, but I can't really think of any non-hacky ways to do it. I could probably package minigameCanDamage to disable damage between players riding in the same technical but the projectiles are probably still going to be colliding with the driver

Can this be used on any vehicle?