27 (30%)
meh
30 (33.3%)
bad
11 (12.2%)
horrible
14 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: how has 2017 been for you?  (Read 7428 times)

and, i guess that's where my life is atm. i know this is unreadable and that it's just mostly uninterpretable ranting, but, oh well lmao. i guess: tl;dr: i've lost everything and everybody i've cared about irl and i'm just a bystander who's exhausting to talk to and who has to fake emotions just to get through the day. idk anymore lol
thats that good old depression right there :')

2017 before summer was boring and depressing
post-summer its fun and slightly less depressing

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:50:32 PM by MoleManFromMiddleMars »

this is basically a vent thread

...what? no it isn't, this is a thread where you can write your opinions about 2017, whether be it short or long, or honest or kind.

there are people that like this year surprisingly enough

...what? no it isn't, this is a thread where you can write your opinions about 2017, whether be it short or long, or honest or kind.

there are people that like this year surprisingly enough
It can and should be expected to function as a vent thread though, which is all that's necessary for my argument.

It can and should be expected to function as a vent thread though

uh, how about no

OP asked an honest question and got honest, real answers- doing what night fox did where he dismissed mcjob being real in this sort of thread regardless of it's type is just being mean for absolutely no reason.

Nearly died due to medical complications, so I'm glad I'm still alive

been recovering from that since

Expanding on this since other people are posting long winded self-examinations - It's not easy to go through the stuff I have. The whole recovery thing has just been me trying to get back onto my feet and pretend life is normal again, for probably like the fifth time in my life. I've been in the wringer so many times now I'm almost expecting life-changing events to be right around the corner at all moments, so I've slowed down a bit to cherish what I have while I still have it.

It feels like I have so much to decompress but I don't know where to start, so it feels like I'm carrying the world's biggest baggage on my shoulders, and I feel responsible to just shoulder it and carry on. Despite that, I also feel like any little thing is going to shatter the feigned stoicism and I'm going to freak out at any moment. Mortality and existentialism are scary things. They haunt me deep to my core. The insurmountable fear that keeps up awake at night is not something that I can just shake off. I can shoot for professional help but from my experience the best answer I'm going to get is to distract myself from the prospect that I'm going to die someday.

I can't help but fear that my purpose in life is to just eat stuff and squirm, that nothing will ever get easier or safer, and that I'll die not knowing what it was like to be able to stop for a day and feel comfortable.

you're an starfish then

you know, for a second thought, i was about to explain that i committed a mistake in my posts, but you didn't need to be so low-energy about this and call me an starfish, as i didn't throw any insults. no need to just lash out like that.

in my perspective, when you're saying "vent" you're saying that people are consistently ranting about something personal in an angry manner, i have seen only some rants and some long, emotional posts of how they've been experiencing pain and all that. that's just talking about something negative, to "vent" something is when you're currently angry and how you talk of something so negatively. that may have been stereotypical or used differently in my perspective.

now that i read your post a bit more, you're really just saying you're speaking of something strongly and emotionally no matter if it's negative or positive, and for that i understand now.

i have been very grateful to celebrate earth's 2017 years of existing

you know, for a second thought, i was about to explain that i committed a mistake in my posts, but you didn't need to be so low-energy about this and call me an starfish, as i didn't throw any insults. no need to just lash out like that.

in my perspective, when you're saying "vent" you're saying that people are consistently ranting about something personal in an angry manner, i have seen only some rants and some long, emotional posts of how they've been experiencing pain and all that. that's just talking about something negative, to "vent" something is when you're currently angry and how you talk of something so negatively. that may have been stereotypical or used differently in my perspective.

now that i read your post a bit more, you're really just saying you're speaking of something strongly and emotionally no matter if it's negative or positive, and for that i understand now.
yeah i thought you were talking about the same definition of vent that i was. youre good then