Police Shoot and Kill an Unarmed Daniel Shaver

Author Topic: Police Shoot and Kill an Unarmed Daniel Shaver  (Read 15934 times)

Poor guy. You can tell he wasn't trying to do anything malicious.

What were the police on him for anyway?
He was an exterminator staying at the hotel and someone saw the air rifle he used to exterminate birds for a grocery store in his room window

Options to disarm a hostile without murdering them:
taser (that's what they're for! :o)
one shot in the leg instead of five in the head and neck
walk up to him and cuff him while he's already down
talk to find out what's going on instead of assuming he's a maniac?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:59:15 PM by Nonnel »

shots are fired after he brings an empty, open hand back in front of him

good judgement skills and reflexes

the cop deserves his punishment

ot but the police officer looks like a loving cuck

it that's forgeted up and it sickens me how stuff like that happens everyday

except no punishment

forget i skimmed through replies and saw "second degree murder" and i

damn

i would've broken down crying the second they started yelling at me and would've gotten shot immediately

i would've broken down crying the second they started yelling at me and would've gotten shot immediately
right? the dude was forgetin begging and crying for his life it's so sad tbh

what the
forget
i
why
why
why
why
why

The bigger dilemma here is the fact that the body-camera shows, under our current paradigm of law, that the cop was legally justified in shooting this guy.

We can talk about why this person shouldn't have died and why non-lethal force would have been more appropriate, but the fact of the matter is that you won't be able to change this problem by just trying to arbitrarily punish individual cops without changing the laws. What he did, although tragic and morally unjustified in hindsight, appears to be legal.

Why don't we look at the reasons why other countries have police departments which are significantly less lethal to their civilian populace? Then we could change how we train our police officers and see if the problem is solved.

i don't see an issue here. the cops were called in the first place about a possibly armed man and then the guy decides to reach for his waist while being detained

< Puts hands behind back
< "If you do that again we're shooting you!"
< Still continues to not follow police mans instructions
< Still puts his hands behinds his back

I dont see a problem here.

shots are fired after he brings an empty, open hand back in front of him

good judgement skills and reflexes

the cop deserves his punishment

it seems the police are taught to do a set of things very specifically. they reach for their waist? shoot them.
he obviously knew his hand was empty but in the heat of the moment i think he acted on what instincts the police academy put forth.

that, i think, is one of the biggest issues with the united states police. that and that they're taught to yell and assume everybody is a threat. that kind of thinking just reinforces his decision to shoot the man.

not to say that his actions were justified. police are not supposed to be above the law but it's clear that often times they are. if i'd shot a man for the same reason I believe that i'd almost certainly be facing murder charges. he needs to do time for this.

< Puts hands behind back

he's also being yelled at and is being told he's moments away from being killed. the dude's hysterically confused, he can't handle more than one instruction at a time. if they had simply told him what's going on and what to do he would probably still be here today.

i've literally been in this situation before and it's hard as forget to concentrate on how not to be murdered. it really is.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:32:11 PM by Steve5451² »

< Puts hands behind back

this is pretty easy to say when you're not in that situation

any time when life and death is put in front of your hands, it's hard to remain collective and really understand the situation. i place no blame on the officer or the man.

this is pretty easy to say when you're not in that situation

It's also pretty easy to say he's a deranged murderer when he warned someone reportedly that had a weapon not to reach for anything they might have hidden and they do it again. Seems decently cut and dry to me.