Police Shoot and Kill an Unarmed Daniel Shaver

Author Topic: Police Shoot and Kill an Unarmed Daniel Shaver  (Read 15775 times)

incoherently? from the camera audio the speech is crystal clear. i don't get what's so confusing about "don't put your hands behind you" even if he's drunk.

no they yell over him when hes trying to speak and are having him do random stuff

get down, get up, hands up, hands on the floor, cross your legs, lay down, etc

i still think the police officer looks like a cuck

incoherently? from the camera audio the speech is crystal clear. i don't get what's so confusing about "don't put your hands behind you" even if he's drunk.

maybe they were using that evil reverse psychology invented by the white man

you can clearly tell he wasn't aggressive or openly defiant as we've seen in other situations. the situation was handled totally wrong shoulda never had their fingers on the trigger

obviously but having him crawl over is standard procedure. that's all i'm saying.

you've learned stop drop and roll now get ready for stop drop get up drop cry crawl die

ever been drunk?

obviously but having him crawl over is standard procedure. that's all i'm saying.
I don't have a problem with having him crawl but I think they shoulda snagged him when they got him to lay down the first time. But the others fingers were forgetin twitching and they shoulda handled it way better. Like I said, ones the guy was on the ground they shoulda just had one officer clear the right, one clear the left and two other officers grab the guy

While what the cop did was technically legal...
He certainly did not handle the situation well, and although he did not legally commit murder...
I don't believe he should be considered stable enough to return to a workforce that in anyway interacts with any form of weaponry.

Also there is a very strong part of me that wants to see this bastard dead.

stuffty cop trying to be badass one-man texas swat team vs drunk terrified dude
christ this is honestly horrible. hope this dude's life is officially forgeted up for good due to all of this regardless of jail

stuffty cop trying to be badass one-man texas swat team vs drunk terrified dude
christ this is honestly horrible. hope this dude's life is officially forgeted up for good due to all of this regardless of jail
Guaranteed, his reputation online will cost him his livelihood, and there is even the possibility it may cost him his life.

I wish I could be the better person, and hope he doesn't pay for this with existence, but apparently much like him I hold no such moral code.

ever been drunk?
no, but have you ever had a job that puts you at risk constantly and had to fear that you'll never see your friends or family again simply because you're doing your job?
him being drunk does not excuse his from disobeying a clear order, nor would it have excused any behavior from anyone.
again, it is unfortunate and tragic that an innocent man had to die, but this is no case of "hey i'm gonna go out and kill a man today lol"

if it makes any of you feel any better, the guy who killed walter scott just got sentenced to 20 years

no, but have you ever had a job that puts you at risk constantly and had to fear that you'll never see your friends or family again simply because you're doing your job?
him being drunk does not excuse his from disobeying a clear order, nor would it have excused any behavior from anyone.
again, it is unfortunate and tragic that an innocent man had to die, but this is no case of "hey i'm gonna go out and kill a man today lol"
the cop was certainly trying his best to act like a hardass tho. if their aim was to avoid the room in case there was another person in there (first of all they couldve used the adjacent room lol) and couldn't just go up to him and restrain them, they could've at least been 10 times less purposefully terrifying

The cop may have been yelling, as he is supposed to, but the police officer was in the right. The boy was told multiple times not to put his hands behind his back, as he was approaching the officer he did exactly that after being told straight up that he wasn't supposed to. The police told him that if he puts his hands around his back it will be considered a threat and they will take action.

It was the boys fault for not following those instructions exactly. If you're crawling, there is no need to reach behind your back.

Police Officers risk their life to do what they do, as far as they knew, he was very well armed with a knife or a gun. If somebody doesn't like the police, then don't call them when you need help. One less richardhead the force has to worry about.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 06:25:29 PM by Aplem »

"oh stuff, he moved a nanometer out of the position i want him in, lets kill this forgeter"
But seriously, what do you expect from a young, drunken man riddled with anxiety and fear, only fueled by you yelling like a loving drill sergeant.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6yaie4bzsFIand that bullet meant for his leg can:
  • hit the femoral artery and kill him anyways
  • ricochet and hit another bystander
  • go through the floor and hit someone downstairs(assuming they're not on ground floor
  • simply miss
the reason officers don't shoot legs or arms is because they're extremely small targets than in tense situations are hard to hit, so they usually target the biggest piece: center mass

The main point there was five successful shots, not where they hit. Besides, someone who's lighting up a hallway and hitting someone five times in the head/neck is obviously not concerned about anyone's safety. It takes one shot to have a way lower chance of killing the damn person.

Of course the wrongs here started way earlier. He screamed at both of them instead of trying to get to the bottom of the situation, yelled at the guy to shut up when he tried to explain himself and he told him that he was going to shoot and the guy would not survive. That's not what a well-adjusted person, especially a police officer, would ever say.