Server name - Official New Years 2018

Discord, for preload and optional - https://discord.gg/YDN9pYe
0 (0%)
Music stream, mandatory - http://newyears.block.land
0 (0%)
Preload starting soon
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Official New Years 2018 - 142 Players!  (Read 76079 times)

mad media.... now that’s a name I haven’t heard in years..
tns for life brother

Never forget the TNS Mad Media attacks...

Never forget the TNS Mad Media attacks...
tns forgetin capped their asses

Include this .ogg or I'll commit Jihad (holy war) on your people.

i'm shooting for an nfo 6 core, 8gb ram setup. like yeah cores don't really matter when bl utilizes one, but going overkill for insurance
https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtual-dedicated-server.php six core here, two gb added of ram w/ a windows install. if we decide on something different, i'll post it in the thread for feedback.

I'm also shooting for a backup server, just in case for crashes or ddossing and if something completely breaks

i won't be the only one in charge of access, though. pecon, trogtor, and kobewarrior will have access to the server

really happy you guys like what the team put forth this year, they really deserve it
tezuni is right btw, at the very max you’d use 4gb but that’s at the MAX. your avg memory usage will be 800-2gb normally, and, having more cores for redundancy doesn’t make any sense.. these are VPSes with hosting companies who know what the forget they’re doing, if there’s a single bad core that cpu will be tossed and replaced ASAP. go with a Linux vps- like from a provider such as Linode or even AWS (so so, but, if you’re trying to get 99.999999% uptime, they’re really good). NFO isn’t worth your time unless you’re hosting for more then New Years, and you’d be paying off the entire month (as well as paying a whole stuffload for a server you’re not going to use? wtf are you planning to do, calculate the next 500 billion digits of pi?)

i get the insurance aspect but you’re over over provisioning at this point, and buying two of those servers for redundancy is hella forgetin expensive fam

tezuni is right btw, at the very max you’d use 4gb but that’s at the MAX. your avg memory usage will be 800-2gb normally, and, having more cores for redundancy doesn’t make any sense.. these are VPSes with hosting companies who know what the forget they’re doing, if there’s a single bad core that cpu will be tossed and replaced ASAP. go with a Linux vps- like from a provider such as Linode or even AWS (so so, but, if you’re trying to get 99.999999% uptime, they’re really good). NFO isn’t worth your time unless you’re hosting for more then New Years, and you’d be paying off the entire month (as well as paying a whole stuffload for a server you’re not going to use? wtf are you planning to do, calculate the next 500 billion digits of pi?)

i get the insurance aspect but you’re over over provisioning at this point, and buying two of those servers for redundancy is hella forgetin expensive fam
actually fun fact: the NFO SLA is total bullstuff.
Quote from: https://www.nfoservers.com/sla.php
This SLA is suspended for the target of Denial of Service attack (DoS/DDoS) during the attack. SLA provisions, including the provision of network availability, will continue to apply to other customers and services during such an attack.

If the SLA credit total for a single service in a month would total less than $1 (US), no credit will be issued for that service.
with a clause like this no wonder you’re getting a “100% sla” smfh
compare this to the SLA from AWS

you still want a windows node. not Linux

you still want a windows node. not Linux
Not really. Windows costs more and there is basically zero advantage to using it over linux given how well the game works on wine now.

Also metario is totally right here. You want to be on an hourly plan when you've got an event like this that'll only last a few days at most. On top of linode and AWS, vultr is also a nice choice for hourly hosting.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:23:12 AM by Pecon »

epic people only? so i am a nobody for all of you, right?
because you all hate me in a certain way; apparently, you all hate brazilians, no exceptions, because discrimination.

it's like there is no seriousness in this forums at all.

i take games seriously, but this seems just too stupid, as there will be a thousand more rounds after this one, but this would make sense if it was a game competition, right? ... wrong; because once a pro player enters the game, it will always defeat the other team, because TOO MUCH SKILL, and in a negative way.

i ask myself why do people want to be "cool", if that's all people want over everything else..
maybe they want to be the most famous person in the world?
maybe they want to be popular in their local school?
maybe they just want attention?

maybe internet is a living hell, where people have limitless amounts of schadenfreude and kids wish death upon ""mature"" grown-ups.

here comes torin² responding this post with "100% autism", because people think having any kind of autism is bad; and use them as insults

here comes trogtor saying that "you are a nobody indeed", because all of you think certain people will always be a low-grade person.

you may be right about people not changing over time, but remember me from early 2016 and compare it to now.
i bet you will say "you're still the same" because you think i'm idiot.

after all of this time, after lots of ups and downs.. i am still nobody, among a million others

maybe i am sad indeed, but on the other side...

it actually took me a bunch of minutes to make this post. and i still have the courage to stuffpost something that has nothing to do with new years 2018. if i really am nobody, then you would ignore this. move on and go without me, like always. y'all don't need me
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:15:54 AM by BlocklandBlockoCity »

epic people only? so i am a nobody for all of you, right?
because you all hate me in a certain way; apparently, you all hate brazilians, no exceptions, because discrimination.

it's like there is no seriousness in this forums at all.

i take games seriously, but this seems just too stupid, as there will be a thousand more rounds after this one, but this would make sense if it was a game competition, right? ... wrong; because once a pro player enters the game, it will always defeat the other team, because TOO MUCH SKILL, and in a negative way.

i ask myself why do people want to be "cool", if that's all people want over everything else..
maybe they want to be the most famous person in the world?
maybe they want to be popular in their local school?
maybe they just want attention?

maybe internet is a living hell, where people have limitless amounts of schadenfreude and kids wish death upon ""mature"" grown-ups.

here comes torin² responding this post with "100% autism", because people think having any kind of autism is bad; and use them as insults

here comes trogtor saying that "you are a nobody indeed", because all of you think certain people will always be a low-grade person.

you may be right about people not changing over time, but remember me from early 2016 and compare it to now.
i bet you will say "you're still the same" because you think i'm idiot.

after all of this time, after lots of ups and downs.. i am still nobody, among a million others

maybe i am sad indeed, but on the other side...

[size=5 pt]it actually took me a bunch of minutes to make this post. and i still have the courage to stuffpost something that has nothing to do with new years 2018. if i really am nobody, then you would ignore this. move on and go without me, like always. y'all don't need me[/size]

and i still have the courage to stuffpost something that has nothing to do with new years 2018.
so then why would you post in this thread...?

also what is your point lol

Not really. Windows costs more and there is basically zero advantage to using it over linux given how well the game works on wine now.

Also metario is totally right here. You want to be on an hourly plan when you've got an event like this that'll only last a few days at most. On top of linode and AWS, vultr is also a nice choice for hourly hosting.
how well is well though? i mean we're pushing blockland to it's absolute limit here and if Linux with wine is not up to par with windows (which I've heard multiple times) then it doesn't seem like we should be using it

what is your point
i don't know.
all i wanted was just a place in new years, but i guess i'm too far from this;
it grew into a complex of fame.

i'm probably just a disaster in two legs.
i didn't mean to cause confusion, but it seems so good to make a part of this new years thing; edd said it was "for epic people only", so i assume i am a nobody, that's why.

only epic people sorry
this is the line that divides the community from the famous ones and the nobody ones.
i mean, people must have some talent to be a part of the list in the OP and i can barely build anything from scratch
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:46:27 AM by BlocklandBlockoCity »

it was a joke you neanderthal
edd isnt even associated with the new years people at all

you know rather than writing out these huge and barely comprehensible posts all the time you should work on your building skills so you might have a chance sometime
nobody is going to add you to the vip list out of pity