Server name - Official New Years 2018

Discord, for preload and optional - https://discord.gg/YDN9pYe
0 (0%)
Music stream, mandatory - http://newyears.block.land
0 (0%)
Preload starting soon
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Official New Years 2018 - 142 Players!  (Read 76029 times)

yes less bad memes more build

if you don't use my vape pens ill kill yuo

i wouldn't get your hopes up, there's probably not much to see sense they haven't posted anything more in 5 days and started turning the topic into a meme fest instead of discussion on the server
will you give me money if you get proved wrong

i wouldn't get your hopes up, there's probably not much to see sense they haven't posted anything more in 5 days and started turning the topic into a meme fest instead of discussion on the server
for somebody who doesn't like the concept you seem pretty invested in this topic to prove your point
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:24:29 PM by -Nal- »

show more of the build

IkeTheGeneric
It's too bad Ike has absolutely no access to the server and can't upload screenshots of the build himself. Hmmm,

I think you all need to understand something. We're not trying to hide anything, the sake of ambiguity in these screenshots is to keep the thread going while giving little pieces of what the server has to offer. It's not meant to build skepticism or intense expectations. This choice has been decided upon in the past years because the thread would typically be at a standstill up until the event, and that's why we do it. What was posted in the last update was an add-on Kobe has been working on and that will be used. If you don't want to set your expectations so high, then that's entirely fine.That's all for you and we can't change it. We aren't trying to set expectations through the roof, because this a just, ya know, a one day blockland gathering for people to have fun. We don't ask for donations or anything, as it's all out of pocket and that's kind of what bothers me with this. The only thing I think we really seek is a positive response for the months of effort we put forth for trying something new.

Your skepticism is not unjustified through past events, but really, it's not like there isn't an effort to try to improve. The only thing I can say is to have faith in what we're putting forth. We've learned a ton through the years, and I personally feel this server will be a fresh change. There will be "actual" screenshots before the event itself. This isn't an effort to build something up to an event for everyone to be let down by a build. This is to keep a thread moving an active.

heck I guess posting pictures daily is sort of a byproduct for building hype and expectation setting, but the ambiguity set was to sort of discourage that
It's too bad Ike has absolutely no access to the server and can't upload screenshots of the build himself. Hmmm,
Okay I was going to point this out but that was pretty funny
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:46:06 PM by -Nal- »

I don't, I got put in credits for no reason

it worked the thread is alive with low effort meme replies, which if the new years group is anything like the group that finds "e" so funny maybe thats considered a success

not like the thread affects interest in the server, just seems to cause drama

also i take tbd's side here bc you guys say yourself in the main post the gameplay is just a time killer, which sounds uninteresting so i'm personally only interested in the build.

The only thing I think we really seek is a positive response for the months of effort we put forth for trying something new.
If you want people to react positively, maybe give them what they want instead of weird circlejerky clique memes

part of the server depends on it being a surprise. and like last year more of the build gets revealed over time as the day approaches
as part of the dev crew i think its important we dont set too high expectations here. i can safely say the build is more detailed and has more content to explore and mess around in than last years, but i dont want to give people the impression that the build is gonna look great AND do their homework for them.

also an overall view of the map in general would suck cause 1) out of bound areas arent fully built cause brickcount and time reasons and 2) its a map meant to be seen at the ground level, not from the sky, you can barely see anything from above
you really cant both keep people's expectations down AND tell them to trust how great of a build it is.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:57:13 PM by MyNameIsYou »

So are there gamemodes/events or not?

there are
yea you get to walk around, listen to music, and pick up floating boxes that took ten seconds to make

yea you get to walk around, listen to music, and pick up floating boxes that took ten seconds to make
you also get to stare at the huge hilarious "cool" posters

cant wait for new years 2018
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:38:21 PM by Rockinboy2000 »