why do half the forumers here barely play blockland

Author Topic: why do half the forumers here barely play blockland  (Read 3201 times)

come for the game stay for the forum

the forum community is bigger and easier to interact with than just the ingame community

It would be interesting to see how many forum regulars still play the game.

The forum (especially Off Topic) is kind of its own entity.  Yes, it's related to Blockland, and most of the boards are dedicated to Blockland-related things, but the off topic boards (Off Topic, Games, Forum Games, etc.) are self-contained in such a way that you don't really need to play the game to participate in them, unlike, say, General Discussion or Gallery.

It's mainly a social thing.  A lot of people just enjoy posting and spending time here, just like any other forum/messageboard/etc.  It's something you can do whether or not you even play the game, and unlike the game, you can post on the forum pretty much anywhere at any time.  I know when I'm waiting for a doctor's appointment or something I find myself checking the forums on my phone.

Even when I'm bored of Blockland I still find myself coming back here.  I guess it's just fun to interact with you degenerate scumbags.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:39:46 AM by Electrk.. »

because i exhausted myself on the game as a 12 year old kid

war isn't a game. blockland was a series of battles that many soldiers and generals have died over, a fight against other men, it was a civil war. blood and tears were shed for every brick built on the studded lands of agony, and god has forbid us to contact with the outer worlds of other hubs and groups, such as Roblox, Minecraft...or YLands. we believe this is called the Lego Effect where we still struggle to move anywhere else, and we rot and sit here, talking to each other, talking about the war. that's why you don't see any of the classic blockland users or veterans, they are all dead, and they suffered from PTSD. we still suffer PTSD here, and we are regretful to commit such an act of war. the war still goes on today. don't you see? blockland isn't just a game, it was a war, set up by badspot.

the rest of us just come here in these categories and military outposts to relax ourselves and calm our PTSDs from the war.

everytime you launch that game, edd, a battle starts. you have some nerve, killing people like that.

i go through phases where i start playing bl a lot again for maybe a week then i stop for 3 months

because Slopes is gone i still play occasionally but i don't enjoy roleplaying/fighting games in Blockland very much anymore. aside from that there's only freebuilds with ungodly amounts of spam everywhere and occasionally someone really talented will put up their server to work on a project which i love to go look at. i've lost all my creativity so i can't contribute or build anything of my own

also i'm 25 and all my old friends are dead abandoned this game a while ago and it's weird trying to make friends with a bunch of 12 year olds

I just play every now and then if i'm working on something, otherwise, there's not many servers that interest me these days

come for the game stay for the forum

And you can't really live in an empty void with no place to rest like a Bedroom

i play it all the time but only on private servers
i forget to backup my builds so i've lost 20~ housebuild and 6~ incomplete city builds, and 32~+ other things but i dont care because they all look like stuff