Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.

Author Topic: Net neutrality shenanigins are happening.  (Read 36862 times)

Ted "I am a real human" Cruz

So Ted Cruz just called the majority of his populace (Nearly all democrats and a large majority of Republicans) snowflakes for wanting Net Neutrality...
online propaganda my ass

it's a direct quote from him

What I don't get is how the hell Ted thinks repealing net neutrality helps restore internet freedom when it actually does the complete opposite

What I don't get is how the hell Ted thinks repealing net neutrality helps restore internet freedom when it actually does the complete opposite
because hes ted cruz

Because he's a Real Genuine Human Person™ And Not The Zodiac Killer™

of course the zodiac killer would say something like this.......

aw darn u ip i wanted to make that reference first >:C

i voted for ted cruz in the primaries

i voted for ted cruz in the primaries
why would you burn yourself rn

Do any of you not realize that regulating services as utilities literally does nothing but stifle innovation, drive out any competition, and lead to stagnant prices, right?

Look at what happened with brown townog telephone service in the United States when it became a utility. Prior to the deregulation of the telephone service industry, prices were high and service was pretty garbage.

Anyone that honestly believes giving government a monopoly on broadband service by redefining it as a public utility is somehow better for consumers is bullstuffting.

If you actually look into things instead of just parroting bullstuff you read on Reddit, the cost of entry-level broadband internet in the United States is far lower than that in Western Europe, and 85% of US households have the ability to have 100mbps broadband service compared to ~50% Of European homes being able to access internet speeds >=30 mbps.

The US also has 2x as many homes with access to fiber optic internet as the EU does.

Great quote from the article: "European Commission VP Neelie Kroes has announced a Digital Single Market initiative to “burn the red tape,” increase investment and move towards the facilities-based model of the U.S."

The author also has a PhD in internet economics and lives in Copenhagen, so I'd say he knows what he's talking about.

I'd love to hear a refutation explaining predatory internet practices that are extant in and exclusive to the US and how giving government control over broadband service as a utility would stop said predatory practices and offer greater benefit to consumers as opposed to strengthening antitrust legislation and allowing continued competition and investment from the free market.

Assuming this is true, then why is everyone throwing a stuff fit about the repeal of net neutrality?

if further regulation somehow didn't decrease investment compared to before, deregulation couldn't possibly decrease it either.

I don't understand why people are freaking out about this like it means the end of the internet and you'll have to give a kidney to Adjitdolf Paitler to be able to afford to use the internet for five minutes.

I still haven't seen an example of predatory practices by internet service providers that are entirely unique to the US and would be solved in the least intrusive manner by regulating broadband as a utility.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:41:51 PM by Cappytaino »

I still haven't seen an example of predatory practices by internet service providers that are entirely unique to the US and would be solved in the least intrusive manner by regulating broadband as a utility.

buhbuhbhubhubuh muh portuguese mobile phone data plans and inane theorycrafting

oh no my handicapped millennial redditor worldview is falling apart what will i doooooooo