PUBG

Author Topic: PUBG  (Read 8160 times)

PUBG Is a buggy ass mess. But a fun buggy ass mess.

I ponied up the $30 CAD for this game. Went through 2 matches, and it was damn near unplayable. It was constantly using up 100% of my ram and swapping to disk (despite the fact that I have more than the recommended amount), the game lagged for a solid 10-15 seconds straight the moment I spawned, making my survival completely up to blind luck, and the game would regularly freeze for small 1-2 second intervals for completely unknown reasons despite being on the minimum settings.

Played 2 hours - 5 min, got a refund.

It has improved slightly since then but not that much. Why would I pay $30 for this when I can go play Fortnite for literally free and get a much better experience?

Why would I pay $30 for this when I can go play Fortnite for literally free and get a much better experience?
because the game works for a lot of people and they dont want to play borderlands 4: battle royale

I ponied up the $30 CAD for this game. Went through 2 matches, and it was damn near unplayable. It was constantly using up 100% of my ram and swapping to disk (despite the fact that I have more than the recommended amount), the game lagged for a solid 10-15 seconds straight the moment I spawned, making my survival completely up to blind luck, and the game would regularly freeze for small 1-2 second intervals for completely unknown reasons despite being on the minimum settings.

Played 2 hours - 5 min, got a refund.

It has improved slightly since then but not that much. Why would I pay $30 for this when I can go play Fortnite for literally free and get a much better experience?

I've never experienced those issues and have played since may 17', so i'm inclined to believe that's a clientside issue correlated to your particular software / hardware setup.
In a perfect world it'd work smoothly on all setups, and that sucks you didn't get a good experience - but keep in mind it was early access till just recently.

I've never experienced those issues and have played since may 17', so i'm inclined to believe that's a clientside issue correlated to your particular software / hardware setup.
It's not because I have a "bad rig," it's just optimization. The issues I was talking about in regards to ram usage are pretty common for anyone who has 8GB of ram (ram usage doesn't depend on your rig), which is a surprisingly large percentage of gamers. The reason many may not realize this issue is because it can be minimized by getting a mid-high end GPU (eg GTX 1070 or above) and/or an SSD but not everyone is able to do that.

I wouldn't even be that bothered by it if they didn't recommend that your system have "at least 6GB of ram," giving the false impression that if you have 8GB you're going to be fine in the ram department.

Even then I still regularly hear of people with really beefy rigs only getting 60fps on settings where on other games they'd be getting double that. Again, slightly less so now, but it's still a big problem. And all of that isn't even mentioning all the bugs.

Is it a unique experience? Sure, but from a technical aspect it's crap right now. I might pick it up when all of this has been massively improved but I don't expect that to happen soon.

this game is an overhyped, overrated, unoptimised piece of stuff.

i have friends who play both but i just can't get into fortnite as much as pubg. i can't live without a first-person only perspective

is that 4.5 out of 100?
that'd be impressive