Flip Mod (Player_PhysicsJump) [by Hata/tommybricksetti]

Author Topic: Flip Mod (Player_PhysicsJump) [by Hata/tommybricksetti]  (Read 13776 times)

That's a part of it. I tend to be a perfectionist about my mods. This one in particular, I wasn't ready to release. Even though this version that Conan just released is technically stable, I wasn't happy with it.

Keep in mind though, most of my mods are released.

My only Unreleased mods:
- Player_Adventure  (has a ton of debugging features that I'd want to remove before releasing)
- Tool_GrappleHook  (I want to polish it up a bit and fix some of the info messages before release)

Player_Adventure is literally the same as the parkour player
Tool_Grapplehook has already been polished up

Player_Adventure is literally the same as the parkour player
It's this type of stupidity that I don't have the patience for. If you were going to say it's similar to something, say Fluidity (which it's the direct successor to).

Adventure Player functions nothing like Parkour Player. And even Parkour Player uses some of my code for the ledge detection; you can ask JackNoir himself.

Tool_Grapplehook has already been polished up
Again, it's not for you to decide when it's polished enough. That's the creator's decision. This is that entitlement thing I was talking about.

From this point forward, if I see a stupid comment I'm not replying.

seems like you intend to release the addons not because you want to but because you have a goal of proving me wrong, so go ahead.

i never had the goal of one upping you or disrespecting you, only the goal of getting the mods released since by all appearances it looked like you completely disappeared. if you want to release it, that's fine by me. but sitting on a mod for 3+ years with no post since then doesn't indicate "releasing" to me. i'll give you a month like you promised in this post:
By renaming some of the files and functions. It used to happen a lot back in like 2008. But like I said, that's no longer an issue; hence, why I was going to release this mod anyway.

No solid date yet, but probably within the next month or so. One of the other mods I'll release soon is the Grappling Hook mod you saw in the infinite flipping gif.
if you don't release your own copy of the grappling hook, i'll release my edit of the one i bought from you. i added a model and tweaked the code to add some events and sounds to them.

if you don't release your own copy of the grappling hook, i'll release my edit of the one i bought from you. i added a model and tweaked the code to add some events and sounds to them.
can you just release every addon you have that he made

can you just release every addon you have that he made
the only other one i have is collector, which as he said is pretty garbo. its more a proof of concept than anything and the code could be vastly improved and modularized - as it stands right now its not even entirely reliable.

basically you build a model of a plane/jeep/gun/whatever with default bricks with specific colors, and if you double-activate the base it'll turn it into an actual vehicle spawn/spawned item. hard to use in its current state.

the rest are pretty not worth imo:
  • keyblade/kingdom hearts is a super specific kind of playertype that wouldn't work in most generic server scenarios and just replicates certain functionality from the kingdom hearts series. i can't see this ever being used except for a singleplayer campaign

• the splatoon playertype+weapons that he neglected to mention is also pretty eh. basically paintball gun, but it also gave you extra move speed if you are crouched while standing on or near a brick of the same color as your team. no vertical movement.

• player_adventure has very little difference from parkour playertype, only differing in specific functional aspects and requiring a client mod to detect movement input and display static shape hands when moving sideways along a wall edge (as it was made before port made movehandler.dll). pretty much only useful for a singleplayer campaign due to the number of relays and loops required per person.

• support_quickexecute sounds like a script to handle the entire exec(addon); transmitnewfiles(); transmitdatablocks(); createuinametable(); commandtoall('missionstartphase3'); set of commands to execute an addon properly. not terribly difficult and only useful to modders who probably would already know how to make their own script to do it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:20:43 PM by Conan »

I'm getting tired of your skepticism guy. I'm being totally honest here and you're being unnecessarily aggressive and disrespectful.
lol do you really think you deserve any respect

From this point forward, if I see a stupid comment I'm not replying.

literally any comment opposing your poorly made up arguments*

See the funny thing about it is, I'm not angry. It's just an issue of respect and courtesy between Conan and me.

And I still can't believe how wild you kids get online with the disrespect. Is it not obvious to you that if you'd talked like that to me in-person, you'd be in the hospital? Learn not to say anything online that you couldn't back up in person. Keyboard warriors, I swear...
literal internet tough guy

Yo hata fight me IRL let’s SET IT UP

yo Tommy let's meet up so I can kick your ass

wow tommy bricksetti prob sWOLE af

I want this framed and hung on my wall
i’m going to loving engrave this in the morning
hmu if you want it
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:27:17 AM by Metario »