Author Topic: Flip Mod (Player_PhysicsJump) [by Hata/tommybricksetti]  (Read 13984 times)

Boy whomst the forget are you to be calling anybody entitled when you unironically thought this add-on was worth someone's real life money lmfao? That's some Iban stuff, the only difference being that Iban was insane. You are probably in the top 1% of the most entitled Blocklanders ever amongst the other 2 or 3 friends that tried to sell their mods to children

Could you explain to me why it is that you feel you DESERVE access to something you had no part in creating. You do realize it takes skill and effort to make an Add-On right?

Nobody thinks they "deserve" access to your Add-Ons. In-case you didn't notice (because you were gone for 4 years, go figure) nobody was exactly begging for this to be released before it was. It's not about what's ethical, moral or constitutional or fair or whatever, we don't care, we're just laughing at you because you're sperging out like an autistic child now that you're being forced to share your toys with other people.

The funniest part is that if you had never posted in this thread and acted like a mature 24 year old man about your lego-game mod being released so that some 15 year olds could play with it, nobody would've been none the wiser that you were unironically butthurt about it, they would've respected you instead. The outcome of the availability of the mod would've been the same either way.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:44:35 PM by Rally »

Could you explain to me why it is that you feel you DESERVE access to something you had no part in creating.
why would you create a beautiful piece of artwork just to hoard it yourself. literally the only two reasons "private modders" exist is either because they dont fully finish their mods so they're resultingly unreleasable, or because they want to flaunt/boost their ego by being the "exclusive owner" of the mod. the former is understandable but the latter is just dumb and i see it all the time.

the best part about releasing what you make is that it stays out there forever and it becomes a permanent etch in blockland history/community knowledge. figuratively speaking the mod will never get lost as it will be in the possession of many people. this is true not just for mods but for build saves (which is why i still kick myself for not sharing my old builds back in the day)

so if you're (speaking in general here, not specifically to you) the type who likes to ego-wank about being a modder, it's actually even better to release your own mods than keep them to yourself
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:43:52 PM by Planr »

It's like saying "Hey, that kid won't share his toys with me, but I deserve to play with them." instead of directly asking him "Hey, could I play with your toys too?" and accepting whatever answer you get.
i'd say its more like a manchild keeping his 20 year old toys from when he was a toddler, and throwing a fit when his parents gave them to the kids next door to play with.

or u could just release it under ur name?? like how would someone else take credit for them

this is still a really cool add-on u've made, and it'd be cool to see this on other servers too
By renaming some of the files and functions. It used to happen a lot back in like 2008. But like I said, that's no longer an issue; hence, why I was going to release this mod anyway.

No solid date yet, but probably within the next month or so. One of the other mods I'll release soon is the Grappling Hook mod you saw in the infinite flipping gif.

Boy whomst the forget are you to be calling anybody entitled when you unironically thought this add-on was worth someone's real life money lmfao? That's some Iban stuff, the only difference being that Iban was insane. You are probably in the top 1% of the most entitled Blocklanders ever amongst the other 2 or 3 friends that tried to sell their mods to children

Nobody thinks they "deserve" access to your Add-Ons. In-case you didn't notice (because you were gone for 4 years, go figure) nobody was exactly begging for this to be released before it was. It's not about what's ethical, moral or constitutional or fair or whatever, we don't care, we're just laughing at you because you're sperging out like an autistic child now that you're being forced to share your toys with other people.

The funniest part is that if you had never posted in this thread and acted like a mature 24 year old man about your lego-game mod being released so that some 15 year olds could play with it, nobody would've been none the wiser that you were unironically butthurt about it, they would've respected you instead. The outcome of the availability of the mod would've been the same either way.
See the funny thing about it is, I'm not angry. It's just an issue of respect and courtesy between Conan and me.

And I still can't believe how wild you kids get online with the disrespect. Is it not obvious to you that if you'd talked like that to me in-person, you'd be in the hospital? Learn not to say anything online that you couldn't back up in person. Keyboard warriors, I swear...

See the funny thing about it is, I'm not angry. It's just an issue of respect and courtesy between Conan and me.

And I still can't believe how wild you kids get online with the disrespect. Is it not obvious to you that if you'd talked like that to me in-person, you'd be in the hospital? Learn not to say anything online that you couldn't back up in person. Keyboard warriors, I swear...

why would you create a beautiful piece of artwork just to hoard it yourself. literally the only two reasons "private modders" exist is either because they dont fully finish their mods so they're resultingly unreleasable...
That's a part of it. I tend to be a perfectionist about my mods. This one in particular, I wasn't ready to release. Even though this version that Conan just released is technically stable, I wasn't happy with it.

Keep in mind though, most of my mods are released.

My only Unreleased mods:
- Player_Adventure  (has a ton of debugging features that I'd want to remove before releasing)
- Player_KingdomHearts  (I'm working on revamping it now actually)
- Weapon_Keyblade  (Revamping with KH Player)
- Tool_GrappleHook  (I want to polish it up a bit and fix some of the info messages before release)
- Player_Collector  (currently in a suuuuuper un-releasable state, it's really just a tech demo)
- Player_Crafting  (has some game breaking issues, that I never got around to fixing)
- Support_QuickExecute  (an older, faulty version got fail-binned, rightfully so)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:33:31 PM by tommybricksetti »

So, you’re not mad, but if we were having this conversation in real life, you’d put me in the hospital? You’d go to jail on felony charges over a Blockland add-on? I’m starting to doubt you’re actually 24, because, dude, lmfao. You’ve got the definition of keyboard warrior wrong btw. They’re the people that act tough on the internet by making empty threats of physical violence. That’s you. Also I graduated at the top of my class in the US Navy Seals

Not buying the whole “between me and Conan” shtick. You made the issue public when you tried to expose Conan in a public thread that everyone is free to post in. So now you get to deal with the public opinion.

That's a part of it. I tend to be a perfectionist about my mods. This one in particular, I wasn't ready to release. Even though this version that Conan just released is technically stable, I wasn't happy with it.

Keep in mind though, most of my mods are released.

My only Unreleased mods:
- Player_Adventure  (has a ton of debugging features that I'd want to remove before releasing)
- Player_KingdomHearts  (I'm working on revamping it now actually)
- Weapon_Keyblade  (Revamping with KH Player)
- Tool_GrappleHook  (I want to polish it up a bit and fix some of the info messages before release)
- Player_Collector  (currently in a suuuuuper un-releasable state, it's really just a tech demo)
- Player_Crafting  (has some game breaking issues, that I never got around to fixing)
- Support_QuickExecute  (an older, faulty version got fail-binned, rightfully so)
are you gonna be charging 5 dollars a pop for each of these

So you’re such a perfectionist that you sold an add-on you weren’t happy with to someone for real life money? Right

So you’re such a perfectionist that you sold an add-on you weren’t happy with to someone for real life money? Right
I'm getting tired of your skepticism guy. I'm being totally honest here and you're being unnecessarily aggressive and disrespectful. I'm just going to stop replying to you from now on.

I didn't sell the mods for money because I felt they were worth money; I sold them because I was trying to buy something and I wanted some extra cash to get it. It was more like a "Donate x amount via PayPal, and I'll give you some mods I wasn't ready to release, in exchange." The topic even said that, explicitly.

I'm just going to stop replying to you from now on.
damn rally he showed you

Yeah that’s genuinely the response I’d expect from someone who gets upset that their stale 4+ year old agreement about a mod for a lego game was broken despite, yknow, being a 24 year old man

Loel @ edit
I didn't sell the mods for money because I felt they were worth money; I sold them because I was trying to buy something and I wanted some extra cash to get it. It was more like a "Donate x amount via PayPal, and I'll give you some mods I wasn't ready to release, in exchange." The topic even said that, explicitly.

This is like entry level gofundme scam tier bullstuff. It’s not a donation because you called it a donation. You exchanged code for cash. That’s a purchase, and the fact that you intended to rent a male hooker later that night with it doesn’t matter lmfao

Donate $4.99 to me and I’ll give you one copy of my new skateboard add-on. It’s for a good cause, the increase the amount of money in my bank account initiative!

I want this framed and hung on my wall
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:23:49 PM by Electrk.. »