Virtually every bit of computer security has been uncovered as broken

Author Topic: Virtually every bit of computer security has been uncovered as broken  (Read 7586 times)

AMD headquarters is in a fit of laughter right now

does anyone have any links that explains how this works, and how you can exploit it to get access to a devices kernel memory? i see it mentioned but nothing specific yet

OP, change the damn title.
This doesn't affect anything outside of Mac OS
read a book matthew jc

How will intel ever recover?

My computers from 2012 so I guess it's time for an upgrade.

And by upgrade I mean new PC

honestly, i would rather take the security risk than a 30% slowdown
i'm running linux anyway, and while it's obviously not immune to this exploit, it's less likely to be targetted

30% performance loss is completely unacceptable. They need to either find a less stuffty patch or leave it broken.

intel has responded by stating that only performance on certain workloads will be affected and that the issue is not limited to intel processors, and they're pretty much saying that reports are very inaccurate
amd has responded by stating that there are 3 variants of the bug, and that since their cpus are not affected by all 3 variants of the bug and amd has some differences in their architecture, their cpus have near zero risk as of right now

does anyone have any links that explains how this works, and how you can exploit it to get access to a devices kernel memory? i see it mentioned but nothing specific yet
read a book matthew jc
This article was awesome in helping answer any of my questions:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/01/whats-behind-the-intel-design-flaw-forcing-numerous-patches/
30% performance loss is completely unacceptable. They need to either find a less stuffty patch or leave it broken.
But what if the only solution to this problem is inherently slow? I mean, from what I have, it seems like they *have* to sidestep the splitting that the TLB did to plug this leak.

if i read that right, every single cpu out right now is vunerable to an attack
ooooooooooooooof
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:43:38 PM by Mr Queeba »

brother I just got a i7 7700k

so wat do

do we just wait for the slow-down patch