Author Topic: RogueType - An in-browser roguelike game (v2.1.3)  (Read 12235 times)

add fountains - 3 different kinds

Holy Fountain
Neutral Fountain
Unholy Fountain

each spawn with a different amount of charges between 1-5 or whatever. Dipping a cursed weapon in a Neutral or Holy fountain removes the curse, Dipping an enchanted weapon in neutral or unholy fountain removes the enchantment, dipping a neutral weapon in holy gives a random enchantment, unholy gives a random curse, dipping neutral in neutral does nothing and does not consume a charge.

also some ideas for enchantments/curses; Blood-thirsty - 120% attack/damage if you've hit/killed an enemy within the last (5) turns, 80% if you haven't, a curse. Light enchantment as an anti to the weight enchantment, and accuracy as an anti to miss enchantment

add fountains - 3 different kinds

Holy Fountain
Neutral Fountain
Unholy Fountain

each spawn with a different amount of charges between 1-5 or whatever. Dipping a cursed weapon in a Neutral or Holy fountain removes the curse, Dipping an enchanted weapon in neutral or unholy fountain removes the enchantment, dipping a neutral weapon in holy gives a random enchantment, unholy gives a random curse, dipping neutral in neutral does nothing and does not consume a charge.
Definitely want to do this, but it'll come later down the line.

also some ideas for enchantments/curses; Blood-thirsty - 120% attack/damage if you've hit/killed an enemy within the last (5) turns, 80% if you haven't, a curse. Light enchantment as an anti to the weight enchantment, and accuracy as an anti to miss enchantment
Great suggestion, I'll add these in the next version.

Definitely want to do this, but it'll come later down the line.
Great suggestion, I'll add these in the next version.

hire me as content creator

v1.6 is out. Not a lot of new content here, mostly quality of life stuff and a few suggestions I implemented.

Note: If you get an error saying the map failed to load, press ctrl+F5 to force the fixed map to load.

v1.6
- Unlocked doors are now displayed with a '/' character to differentiate them from locked doors which retain the '+' character.
- Added color coding to a number of messages in the log. I'm not totally decided on a specific key for the color coding, I'll need a bit of input on this.
- The game now collects some stats while you play that display at the end of the game or when you die.
- Attempted to optimize the html for a better experience loading the game.
- Movement no longer hinders stamina recovery quite as much.
- Added some error checking to map loading which can help map creators pinpoint errors in their maps.
- Added Endurance and Bloodlust enchantments.
- Cursed bats and brass knuckles can no longer get the 'dullness' curse, this was a bit too mean since that made them just as weak and fighting bare-handed.

v1.7 is done.

v1.7
- Combat update. Many weapons and monsters have had their values moved around to balance them around these changes. Includes the introduction of a strength stat on characters which influences base damage as well as stamina loss. Heavy weapons can no longer be held by characters with a strength stat that is too low to attack with them.
- Added exp and levelling. This paves the way to a system where the player can pick and choose stats to level up, but for the moment just adds a little bit into everything each level.
- Added poison mechanic, player takes damage equal to poison level every five turns, and the poison level deincrements at the same interval. This makes poison extremely problematic in large amounts, but not a big deal if in small portions.
- Added Poisonous Spider low-level monster, Kobold medium-level monster, and Massive Cobra high-level monster.
- Added various new potions relevant to this update. Exp potion, Potion of Forgetting, and Antipoison potion (The antipoison does not need to be identified).
- Added new flail weapon.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:58:32 PM by Pecon »

what does the potion of forgetting do

what does the potion of forgetting do
The potion of forgetting un-identifies a random identified item.

v1.7.1, just a patch.

- Main menu now displays 'Loading...' again after switching the map until the map has finished loading.
- Tweaked around a lot of character values, continuing balance from the last update.
- New favicon.
- Assorted bug fixes, and new bugs!

Anyone know how to beat the final boss because I get there and I just jumble around trying to do something but I get sucked into his dark hole star fish

The key to beating him is using the new action that shows up as soon as you enter the boss chamber. Eating things is exhausting.

v1.8.0
- Fixed some inconsistencies with how defence and agility potions work.
- Other bug fixes.
- Identified items will now show a description relevant to that identified item.
- Reduced the size of the font used by the game about 83%, inital loading time is much lower now.
- New hazard class enables the creation of hazards on map tiles. Hover to spoil one of the major boss mechanics. Hazards are also one of a few pieces of groundwork needed for adding wands and the eventual Dragon boss.
- Updated AI to avoid hazards.
- Potion of forgetting now un-identifies itself as well as another random item, which makes it much more evil.