NightHawk's Addon's Topic - Locked

Author Topic: NightHawk's Addon's Topic - Locked  (Read 24963 times)

Nice, good job, although the mirrors should have sharp edges. Also, how do you do panel gaps like that?
If anyone is the master of the indentation trickery is Teneksi. But I inset with the I key in blender 2.78, have a small thickness. Then I extrude inwards a tad, and inset again. But I don't extrude back outward. Instead I pull the inset face selection back out with g and the respective axis.

Hey guys, I'll get some photos later, but I just wanted to share what I've been doing.

I've been getting some CVS parts ready for the 1970 Challenger, and debugging the modern a tad. On top of that, I constructed a new concept model for something I plan to do IRL in the summer, and I'm working on the car's that I'm not remaking, and putting those into the new Blender. I'll admit it's a lot easier now comparing to Blender 2.49.

I've transferred the Classic Blockstang, and a Default Model of the Hiro. If anything else, I have to clean them up and re prep the addon.

I have also been touching up on the Hiro's base model, and after that's done, I will be remaking some of the CVS parts from the Beta, hopefully bringing it to a V 1.0.0 release!

(Insert thumbs up here because I'm lazy).

While on the topic of old cars, and getting used to using the new Blender DTS exporter, I'm starting to move my projects that I develop in the 2.49 version blender, into my current 2.79 software.

Starting with the Blockstang Classic. Nothing new/special but scraping off the NHM badge. Considering I'm converting to the new badges.

All the CVS parts introduced from the past are still on here and working at a stable state.

But what's really nifty, is that I don't have to export .dsq files for the custom animations. This makes things a lot simpler, and I can still use my blinker animations you saw in this video.

For other cars, I've been touching up the Hiro model after importing and exporting into the new Blender. Take a good look before you see the touch ups I made.

Now take a look at wha-
WHAT THE HELL?

Turns out you can't tick "Transparency" for non-translucent materials.

But after that was solved, this is what I got.

I primarily focused on the roof line, adding black window panels, fixing the seats, and simplifying the model by creating straight geometry. Less curvature if that makes sense. I also re-did the headlights as seen below.

With that, there has also been indentation to the roof and hood, and again, the scrapage of the NHM badge.

Talking about CVS now, I removed the "Stripe" and temporarily "Taillights" categories, replaced "Arches" to "Fenders" category, and added a Mudflaps and [Soon] Rollcage category.

Starting off with a street style combination.

Let's step it up a bit, perhaps a rally car will tickle your fancy? (Yes, "Taped" lights are separate from the default)

Of coarse, you cannot forget the "Rocket Bunny".

And to go completely insane, why not go RAIDing with this raid combination. I used an off road Silvia for inspiration. Spare tire, flood lights and twin gas canisters included!

And of coarse, requested by Serings a long time ago, you can have a wheelie bar and a parachute with the "Drag" rear bumper. The first image is to show that I imported over the "engine" hood (Which is basically no nodes of the hood).

Does this apply for the Drift Variant though? Well unfortunately, that's been temporarily removed until I can figure out how to animate a handbrake WITHOUT using an armature rig (You can't do that with the new DTS exporter apparently).

Here's a changelog for changelogging purposes only.

*Imported Model into new Blender
*Imported Vortex and Race Spoilers
*Revisions to certain CVS parts
*Model touchups [Black window panels, Seats, Straightening/Simplifying]
*Indentation to the Roof and Hood
*Changed "Arches" CVS Category to "Fenders"
*Redesigned Headlights
+New CVS Category: Mudflaps (None, Front, Back, Both)
+New Headlights: Taped
+New Side Skirts: Street
+New Fenders: Default, Bulk, Bolted
+New Spoilers: Tuner, Fin
+New Rear Bumper: Blower, Rocket, Drag
+New Front Bumper: Aero, Rocket, Rally, Raid
+New Hoods: Bump, Force, Rally
+New Roofs: Default, Alternative, Race, Raid
-Removed "Stripes" and "Taillights" Category
-Removed Variant: Hiro DR
-Removed rear light glass on the model.

Update is live on BLG. I should also mention that the full car name is now going to be the Shinozaki Hiro considering that Shinozaki is Nissan.

Speaking of drifting, what do you think of this concept model of a drift trike I want to build in the summer? It was completely free-handed based off a set of drawings I did in a timelapse test. Would this be something that you would like to drift in as well? It would have the same properties as ColinFurze's trike (The default non-turbo one)

Sidewinder R1 Concept Model(View in 3D)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:53:16 PM by Night_Hawk »

i'd still say the Hiro has some... interesting proportions

the wheels are too small and the ride height is way too high, not to mention the whole car being quite narrow

why are the wheels like pizza cutter thin especially on the blockstang

i'd still say the Hiro has some... interesting proportions

...not to mention the whole car being quite narrow
That's what the 3d model told me when I modeled this long ago.

the wheels are too small and the ride height is way too high
This is a narrow gap to play with here, what are you suggesting?

why are the wheels like pizza cutter thin especially on the blockstang
Because it makes me uneasy if the wheels get fattened at a point..I'll do what I can.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 06:05:32 PM by Night_Hawk »

Because the drift variant was deleted from the Hiro, (no offense if this gives offense but) it's like entrepreneur  my Ride (aka rice my ride.)

Birthday's in less than 2 weeks, but here's part 2/3 of the update. It WAS going to be a 2 part update, but I decided to make it a 3 parts since there was more content to disclose in just 2 parts; you gotta span it out if you get what I mean.

We're primarily focusing on classic cars still, starting with the Blockstang. It seems that the ride height and wheel size didn't transfer over to the new blender so that has hopefully been fixed.

Here's a side-by-side comparison to the new Challenger 1970.

Speaking of the Challenger, it now has CVS! Below are some examples of the new parts implemented. Once I get a batch of parts for the Modern Challenger, I will release the new update as a whole.

Starting off with John Tanner's challenger from Driver, San Fransisco.

Or if you would rather be laid back, try taking a softtop of cabrio iteration?

There is an alternative body option where you can color gray panels that weren't supposed to be colored in the stock variant. The side exhausts is actually a rear bumper option "Sideline". You can also have an alternative front and rear bumper to remove some of the chrome bumper trim with a colorful trim, but with a chrome front and/or rear bumper.

Or go back to Need for Speed Carbon with this style. Using "Carbon" stripes and a "TwoTone" body part

Remember also when I tried to implement a Hellcat style to the old Challenger 1970? I did a simpler version here

Selecting this body part will give you head and taillight covers to simulate the hellcat challenger.

Last but not least is a dragster option. The rear bumper is like the sideline bumper, but with a wheelie bar!

Otherwise, here's a technical change log.

Blockstang Classic
*Ride height lowered
*Wheels scaled down by 10%

Challenger - Classic
+CVS Support
+Interior Detail
*Steering wheel size reduced

+New Body: Default, Alternative, TwoTone, Hellcat
+New Front Bumpers: Default, Trim, Sport, Drag
+New Rear Bumpers: Default, Trim, Sideline, Drag
+New Side Skirts: Default
+New Hoods: Default, Barracuda, Hemi, Escape
+New Fenders: Default, Bulk, Tuner
+New Roofs: Default, SoftTop, Cabrio, Sun, TTop
+New Spoilers: Default, Classy, Fin, Tuner

I like that two-tone paint!

christ

The charger's wheels are like front drag wheels, except on all 4 wheels, wayyyyyyyyy too thin man seriously

christ

The charger's wheels are like front drag wheels, except on all 4 wheels, wayyyyyyyyy too thin man seriously
Not to be "that guy" but it's a Challenger.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 06:04:48 PM by Night_Hawk »